Arsene Wenger confirms he’ll sign a new Arsenal contract “later in the week”
Arsene Wenger reacted to ending his nine year trophy drought at the Gunners by confirming he is signing a new deal to stay at the club.
For months a dark cloud had been hanging over the future of Wenger, with the French manager having failed to pen a new deal at the Emirates despite the fact that his contract was expiring at the end of the campaign.
Moment after Arsenal beat Hull 3-2 in the FA Cup final, Wenger told reporters he will sign a new Arsenal contract “later in the week”.
According to the whispers, Wenger is set to get a new two year deal, earning the manager 8 million pounds a season.
So it looks like it’s #WengerIn for a while to come.
Watch Live Stream
- Who? A lot of Arsenal fans have never heard of imminent new signing Lucas Perez [Tweets]August 24, 2016
- Arsenal set to sign Lucas Perez from Deportivo La Coruña for €20m [El Confidencial]August 24, 2016
- Savage: Barcelona star Gerard Pique makes fun of Arsenal on TwitterAugust 24, 2016
- Rumours linking Arsenal to Antoine Griezmann are lies [Arseblog]August 24, 2016
- Act like it’s your own money: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on spendingAugust 24, 2016
- Arsene Wenger is to blame for Arsenal’s woes (BBC Video)August 23, 2016
- Sunday Supplement discuss Arsenal’s shambolic transfer window (video)August 21, 2016
- Arsenal boss Wenger: I’m sorry Rob Holding didn’t cost £55m (video)August 21, 2016