Arsene Wenger confirms he’ll sign a new Arsenal contract “later in the week”
Arsene Wenger reacted to ending his nine year trophy drought at the Gunners by confirming he is signing a new deal to stay at the club.
For months a dark cloud had been hanging over the future of Wenger, with the French manager having failed to pen a new deal at the Emirates despite the fact that his contract was expiring at the end of the campaign.
Moment after Arsenal beat Hull 3-2 in the FA Cup final, Wenger told reporters he will sign a new Arsenal contract “later in the week”.
According to the whispers, Wenger is set to get a new two year deal, earning the manager 8 million pounds a season.
So it looks like it’s #WengerIn for a while to come.
- Arsene Wenger holds talks with a friendly face at Corinthians about signing Alexandre Pato [Globo]
- Danny Welbeck took over Arsenal’s Snapchat & spoke to tons of players (Video)
- Rio Ferdinand calls Mesut Ozil an artist after Arsenal win over Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- Francis Coquelin injury update, concern for Arsenal
- Arsene Wenger invites a journalist on a night out to see how he spends money, cue the jokes [Tweets]
- Arsene Wenger: UEFA tested 10 Arsenal players after doping comments, says they want to ‘con...
- Arsene Wenger labels Real Madrid ‘not serious’ if they sack Rafa Benitez (Video)