Arsene Wenger confirms Aaron Ramsey is out for another 4-6 weeks
- January 28, 2014
After the 2-2 draw at Southampton, many Arsenal fans began questioning Arsene Wenger and Arsenal’s title challenge.
Their shot at the Premier League title may or may not have been damaged at St Mary’s (after all, some thought it to be a good point at a difficult away match) but there was a further blow to Arsenal’s title hopes after the final whistle.
Aaron Ramsey had been expected to return at Southampton from a thigh injury that had kept him out since the win at West Ham in late December.
But, the Welsh midfielder, who was inspirational in the first half of the campaign, has not healed properly and will now be out for at least another month.
With Mathieu Flamini seeing red at Southampton, this is a major set back for the Gunners ahead of a tough February and March to come.
Tweets on the Ramsey injury below.
AW: "Ramsey is out for longer than we expected. He had a little setback in training. The same muscle."
— gunnerblog (@gunnerblog) January 28, 2014
The Ramsey news is hard to take. It's starting to feel like reality is overtaking what has been a dream season so far
— YankeeGunner (@YankeeGunner) January 28, 2014
New Ramsey injury is a game-changer in the title race. Could it force Wenger into an unexpected transfer splurge?
— Wayne Veysey (@wayneveysey) January 28, 2014
Aaron Ramsey out again? Fitness management always costs us… So predictable.
— Le Grove (@LeGrove) January 28, 2014
The answer to arsenal's misery is Ramsey. The man is the only engine in arsenal that runs the whole game.
— GoonerNibby (@EvrythingGooner) January 28, 2014
Ramsey's injury is even more bad news. with Walcott missing. Wilshere & Rosicky have to be managed well for that CM role.
— Eromose Ileso (@EromoseIleso) January 28, 2014
- Arsenal star Aaron Ramsey calls for video technology after disallowed goal v Liverpool ...
- Arsene Wenger frustrated with Aaron Ramsey’s disallowed goal in Arsenal 0 –...
- Arsenal fan says “awful” Aaron Ramsey must be dropped for Alex Oxlade-Chamb...
- Optimistic Aaron Ramsey tweets about Arsenal’s shock 2-0 defeat to West Ham
- Aaron Ramsey thinks Theo Walcott is set for a prolific season (Video)
- Peripheral Vistion: Mesut Özil plays surgical pass for Aaron Ramsey; 4-0 to Arsenal v L...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...