Arsene Wenger confirms Aaron Ramsey is out for another 4-6 weeks
After the 2-2 draw at Southampton, many Arsenal fans began questioning Arsene Wenger and Arsenal’s title challenge.
Their shot at the Premier League title may or may not have been damaged at St Mary’s (after all, some thought it to be a good point at a difficult away match) but there was a further blow to Arsenal’s title hopes after the final whistle.
Aaron Ramsey had been expected to return at Southampton from a thigh injury that had kept him out since the win at West Ham in late December.
But, the Welsh midfielder, who was inspirational in the first half of the campaign, has not healed properly and will now be out for at least another month.
With Mathieu Flamini seeing red at Southampton, this is a major set back for the Gunners ahead of a tough February and March to come.
Tweets on the Ramsey injury below.
AW: "Ramsey is out for longer than we expected. He had a little setback in training. The same muscle."
— gunnerblog (@gunnerblog) January 28, 2014
The Ramsey news is hard to take. It's starting to feel like reality is overtaking what has been a dream season so far
— YankeeGunner (@YankeeGunner) January 28, 2014
New Ramsey injury is a game-changer in the title race. Could it force Wenger into an unexpected transfer splurge?
— Wayne Veysey (@wayneveysey) January 28, 2014
Aaron Ramsey out again? Fitness management always costs us… So predictable.
— Le Grove (@LeGrove) January 28, 2014
The answer to arsenal's misery is Ramsey. The man is the only engine in arsenal that runs the whole game.
— GoonerNibby (@EvrythingGooner) January 28, 2014
Ramsey's injury is even more bad news. with Walcott missing. Wilshere & Rosicky have to be managed well for that CM role.
— Eromose Ileso (@EromoseIleso) January 28, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey gets a new haircut. Photoshoppers make fun [Memes]August 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Premier League false start goes from bad to worse with Aaron Ramsey blowAugust 15, 2016
- Arsenal post top 10 goals from pre-season training ft. Santi Cazorla & Aaron Ramsey (Video)August 12, 2016
- Aaron Ramsey responds to Robert Pires’ congratulations Tweet with typically effusive emotionJuly 2, 2016
- Act like it’s your own money: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on spendingAugust 24, 2016
- Arsenal stopper Petr Cech explains why he moved from midfield to goalkeeper (Video)August 24, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes horrendous howler in 3-0 Roma UCL defeat (Video)August 23, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho spurns Arsenal interest in Phil Jones [Telegraph]August 23, 2016