Arsene Wenger confirms Aaron Ramsey is out for another 4-6 weeks
After the 2-2 draw at Southampton, many Arsenal fans began questioning Arsene Wenger and Arsenal’s title challenge.
Their shot at the Premier League title may or may not have been damaged at St Mary’s (after all, some thought it to be a good point at a difficult away match) but there was a further blow to Arsenal’s title hopes after the final whistle.
Aaron Ramsey had been expected to return at Southampton from a thigh injury that had kept him out since the win at West Ham in late December.
But, the Welsh midfielder, who was inspirational in the first half of the campaign, has not healed properly and will now be out for at least another month.
With Mathieu Flamini seeing red at Southampton, this is a major set back for the Gunners ahead of a tough February and March to come.
Tweets on the Ramsey injury below.
AW: "Ramsey is out for longer than we expected. He had a little setback in training. The same muscle."
— gunnerblog (@gunnerblog) January 28, 2014
The Ramsey news is hard to take. It's starting to feel like reality is overtaking what has been a dream season so far
— YankeeGunner (@YankeeGunner) January 28, 2014
New Ramsey injury is a game-changer in the title race. Could it force Wenger into an unexpected transfer splurge?
— Wayne Veysey (@wayneveysey) January 28, 2014
Aaron Ramsey out again? Fitness management always costs us… So predictable.
— Le Grove (@LeGrove) January 28, 2014
The answer to arsenal's misery is Ramsey. The man is the only engine in arsenal that runs the whole game.
— GoonerNibby (@EvrythingGooner) January 28, 2014
Ramsey's injury is even more bad news. with Walcott missing. Wilshere & Rosicky have to be managed well for that CM role.
— Eromose Ileso (@EromoseIleso) January 28, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Injured Arsenal duo return to training ahead of Champions League match (Video)October 18, 2016
- Arsenal pull off hilarious Scuba Dive celebration v Man United on FIFA 17 (Video)October 7, 2016
- Bad news for Arsenal’s Aaron RamseySeptember 29, 2016
- Bad news for Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey [Standard]September 22, 2016
- Arsenal fans weren’t happy to see Stan Kroenke at the Boro game [Tweets]October 22, 2016
- Arsenal fans praise Petr Cech for brilliant saves in first half v Middlesbrough [Tweets]October 22, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere speaks after finally playing 90 minutes for Bournemouth (Video)October 22, 2016
- Calum Chambers uploads vague good luck post on InstagramOctober 22, 2016