Arsene Wenger won’t confirm Thomas Vermaelen’s future at the club, dodges Sami Khedira comments
- July 19, 2014
Following Arsenal’s 2-0 pre-season win over Boreham Wood on Saturday, Arsene Wenger fielded some questions from reporters.
During the Q&A Wenger was asked about the future of Thomas Vermaelen, and the Gunners gaffer refused to confirm that the Belgian will be at the club next season.
‘I cannot guarantee he’ll stay, but should he go I will bring another centre-back in for sure.’
Wenger confirmed he’d be looking to bring in a goalkeeper and when pressed directly on Sami Khedira, said, ‘Look, I can’t give you any names. Sometimes the players you want are available very late.’
Arsenal’s goals against Boreham Wood came in the second half from youngsters Kristoffer Olsson and Benik Afobe.
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi