Arsene Wenger calls Iker Casillas to convince him to leave Real Madrid for Arsenal [Mundo Deportivo]
- July 4, 2014
Mundo Deportivo, the Spanish paper, paints a vivid picture on Friday in which they say Arsene Wenger has picked up the phone and called Iker Casillas to convince him to leave Real Madrid for Arsenal.
MD further boost Gunners fans hopes that Casillas may actually jump ship to the Emirates, noting that after struggling to get into the Real team last season due to Diego Lopez, together with Casillas’ ‘dismal performance’ at the World Cup in Brazil, now may be the right time for Iker to leave Madrid.
Looking to boost the possibility of dealing happening further, MD claim that London is a city both Iker and his partner Sara Carbonero like a lot, ‘Iker favorite destination is the Premier League’, while Arsenal hope that having the likes of Santi Cazorla and Mesut Özil on their books, both said to be ‘good friends’ of the goalie, may help sway his decision further.
Were the Gunners to ultimately miss out of the Spanish keeper, then it’s claimed that Colombian goalie David Ospina is an alternative for the Gunners.
- Arsenal’s Mathieu Flamini is talking to Bastia about a move [Eurosport]
- Raheem Sterling tops list of 20 most valuable youngsters ft. Man United & Arsenal ...
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi