- Class! Valencia prepare for Barcelona match with keepy-uppie rondo game in training [Video]
- Worries grow for Brazil legend Pele as he’s moved to special care unit in Sao Paolo hospital
- Universitario concede in stoppage time after goalkeeper goes to opposition box for corner
- The numbers behind Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere’s injury problems [Graphic]
- Spurs TV focus on Christian Eriksen in training ahead of game against Partizan Belgrade [Video]
Arsene Wenger calls Iker Casillas to convince him to leave Real Madrid for Arsenal [Mundo Deportivo]
Mundo Deportivo, the Spanish paper, paints a vivid picture on Friday in which they say Arsene Wenger has picked up the phone and called Iker Casillas to convince him to leave Real Madrid for Arsenal.
MD further boost Gunners fans hopes that Casillas may actually jump ship to the Emirates, noting that after struggling to get into the Real team last season due to Diego Lopez, together with Casillas’ ‘dismal performance’ at the World Cup in Brazil, now may be the right time for Iker to leave Madrid.
Looking to boost the possibility of dealing happening further, MD claim that London is a city both Iker and his partner Sara Carbonero like a lot, ‘Iker favorite destination is the Premier League’, while Arsenal hope that having the likes of Santi Cazorla and Mesut Özil on their books, both said to be ‘good friends’ of the goalie, may help sway his decision further.
Were the Gunners to ultimately miss out of the Spanish keeper, then it’s claimed that Colombian goalie David Ospina is an alternative for the Gunners.
- Updated: July 4, 2014