Arsene Wenger banters back at Steven Gerrard: ‘They didn’t win, and Suarez left anyway’ [Video]
- August 1, 2014
Earlier this week, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard revealed that he managed to get Luis Suarez to stay on for that one last season by convincing him that he was ‘too good for Arsenal’.
Gerrard told him to knuckle down, play one more big year, and the Spanish big guns would be back in for him the following summer (this summer).
Suarez ceded to Stevie G’s wishes, and sure enough Barcelona did come in for him this summer, and off he went.
Arsene Wenger was asked about the slight against his club from the Liverpool captain, and the Arsenal manager had no hesitation in ‘bantering back’ at him.
Wenger said through a cheeky grin:
‘No player is too good for Arsenal football club, and Steven Gerrard knows that.
But I understand why Gerrard wanted him to stay, so that they could go for the Premier League.
But anyway, it didn’t happen, and Suarez left anyway.’
- Augsberg defender Abdul Rahman Baba agrees personal terms With Chelsea [Bild]
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright strangely takes to Twitter to beg his old club to sign Real M...
- Aaron Ramsey thinks Theo Walcott is set for a prolific season (Video)
- Arsene Wenger has £42m to splash out on a striker; Karim Benzema tops his list [Cadena ...
- A week after Chuba Akpom said he wanted to stay at Arsenal, he joins Hull on loan (Pict...
- Arsenal stars like Petr Cech & Olivier Giroud photobomb unsuspecting fans (Officia...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi