Arsene Wenger banters back at Steven Gerrard: ‘They didn’t win, and Suarez left anyway’ [Video]
Earlier this week, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard revealed that he managed to get Luis Suarez to stay on for that one last season by convincing him that he was ‘too good for Arsenal’.
Gerrard told him to knuckle down, play one more big year, and the Spanish big guns would be back in for him the following summer (this summer).
Suarez ceded to Stevie G’s wishes, and sure enough Barcelona did come in for him this summer, and off he went.
Arsene Wenger was asked about the slight against his club from the Liverpool captain, and the Arsenal manager had no hesitation in ‘bantering back’ at him.
Wenger said through a cheeky grin:
‘No player is too good for Arsenal football club, and Steven Gerrard knows that.
But I understand why Gerrard wanted him to stay, so that they could go for the Premier League.
But anyway, it didn’t happen, and Suarez left anyway.’
- Mathieu Debuchy tipped to leave Arsenal in move to Serie A [Corriere dello Sport]
- Arsenal & Spurs target Adrien Rabiot set for January Ligue 1 exit [L’Equipe]
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker reveals all about his upbringing & life in Germany...
- Arsenal set for transfer swoop of Ajax wonderkid Riechedly Bazoer (video)
- Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce launches outspoken attack on Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger
- Man United target William Carvalho issues come-and-get-me plea to Arsenal
- Arsene Wenger reflects on Man United win, and tactical plan to beat ‘unbeatable...
- Sir Alex Ferguson hails the consistency of Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger [ESPN]
- Why James Milner is crucial to Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool revolution [Statistics]
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Watch a Live Stream of the Premier League match
- Carlo Ancelotti was offered Liverpool job before Jurgen Klopp, claims former Spurs boss...
- Liverpool’s Martin Skrtel gatecrashes coach’s TV interview after Slovakia b...