Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo trips over, uncannily reminiscent of Steven Gerrard’s slip
- August 2, 2014
Yaya Sanogo shocked everyone with his display against Benfica today, perhaps himself most of all.
The Arsenal striker had a dream game against the Portuguese champions, bagging a hat-trick after a half an hour and adding a fourth shortly after the break.
The fourth goal seemed to overwhelm Sanogo as, while celebrating, his legs turned to jelly and he tripped up, clumsily scrambling back to his feet.
In fact, a lot of people are saying it was pretty similar to Steven Gerrard’s slip in Liverpool’s game against Chelsea earlier in the year. Of course, this fall won’t haunt Sanogo for months on end.
The residing memory of the day won’t be that embarrassing trip but rather the day he flourished in an Arsenal shirt. Perhaps the first of many.
Sanogo with a great tribute to Steven Gerrard https://t.co/y4S13PjMvf
— Football Vines (@FootballVines) August 2, 2014
- Gedion Zelalem bags an inch-perfect gorgeous assist for Arsenal U19s v Celtic (Video)
- Unreal skills: Laurent Koscielny scores a glorious rabona in Arsenal training (Official...
- Man United’s Daley Blind admits he rejected “incredible” Arsenal offe...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Arsene Wenger smashes the Arsenal crossbar challenge with first attempt (Video)
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi