Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen is a £12m target for Manchester United after losing Nemanja Vidic [Sunday Sun]
- March 9, 2014
The future of Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen is thrown into question by the Sunday Sun.
According to the tabloid newspaper, the Gunners centre-half is now a target for Manchester United after Nemanja Vidic confirmed his exit to Inter Milan in the summer last week.
Charlie Wyett’s piece in the Sunday Sun is titled “He’s Ver man for Utd – Moyes eyes deal for Arsenal misfit”.
Behind the headlines we learn that:
David Moyes has targeted Arsenal misfit Thomas Vermaelen to replace Manchester United hero Nemanja Vidic.
The Belgian central defender is no longer a regular at the Emirates, but the Gunners would still demand a £12million fee from one of their rivals.
He is a close pal of Robin van Persie and the pair share the same agent in Kees Vos.
For the record, Vermaelen’s current contract with Arsenal is only set to expire at the end of next season, while back in January Arsene Wenger went on the record to say he’d like to keep the Belgium at the Emirates.
Wenger said “I’m open to it, I’m ready to extend his contract. Of course we want Thomas Vermaelen to be happy and to have the number of games a player of his class deserves. But on my side I have a huge respect for his quality and attitude and I am ready to extend his contract.”
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...