Arsenal’s pursuit of AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli is the headline story on Corriere Dello Sport
- July 21, 2014
Are Arsenal set to sign Mario Balotelli this summer?
Throughout the off-season paper talk has linked the Gunners with a potential move for Super Mario, who has been deemed salable by AC Milan as they look to rebuild their side after last year’s failures.
Over the weekend rumours swelled that the Gunners had made a £15.8m bid for Balotelli, leaving AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani to tell reporters:
We have not received any offer [for Balotelli] and at this time, there is nothing from Arsenal.
Rather than end the speculation, however, Italian daily Corriere Dello Sport splash their front page of Monday with suggestions that the Balotelli-to-Arsenal deal may indeed happen.
What appears to have happened is rather that interpret Galliani’s quotes as a sign of intent that Balotelli is to remain at the San Siro, the press having taken the message to be a come-and-get-him plea from the Rossoneri.
It’s also not been lost on anyone that Arsenal’s new sponsor is Puma, while Mario Balotelli is one of Puma’s leading stars.
See a copy of the front page of Corriere Dello Sport below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]