- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker talks about putting Germany first in Adidas ‘all in or nothing’ advert
The massive clash between Germany and France is just under two hours away and concentration is of premium importance in a match where chances could be few and far between.
Per Mertesacker knows that he’ll have to put club friendships aside today, to avoid being distracted in any possible way when the match kicks off. Mertesacker will have his game face on.
Just as well, because the giant German could be directly against Arsenal teammate Olivier Giroud and the cunning striker may use any friendship the two have against Mertesacker.
Today friendships will be forgotten, just as jousts will be a thing of the past when the two resume playing for Arsenal.
- Updated: July 4, 2014