- Chelsea, Spurs & Liverpool all target Inter’s £28m-rated Mauro Icardi [Express]
- Yaya Sanogo set to start up front for Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund tonight [Mirror]
- Liverpool’s Rickie Lambert: ‘I find the criticism of Steven Gerrard shocking to be honest’
- Jurgen Klopp gives funny shrug of the shoulders when asked if any PL clubs have called him [Video]
- Christian Eriksen: ‘There have been a lot of changes since I joined Spurs, but we’re on right path’ [Video]
Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud may be injured for 3 months; Wenger to buy replacement [Telegraph]
Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud came off injured in the dying seconds of Arsenal’s 2-2 draw at Everton on Saturday.
The Frenchman pulled up after the ball struck his ankle and the Telegraph claim it could be a broken ankle.
Matt Law of the Telegraph claims Arsene Wenger has already pinpointed some possible replacements.
Danny Welbeck, Loic Remy and Samuel Eto’o are all thought to be high on his wishlist.
Giroud’s injury may be a blessing in disguise for Arsenal fans, with the unfortunate incident probably forcing Wenger into the transfer market.
- Updated: August 25, 2014