Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud has created more chances & more assists than Man United’s Robin van Persie [Graphics]
- November 10, 2013
He has been at Old Trafford for a couple of seasons now, but Arsenal fans are still roundly upset that Robin van Persie now plays for Manchester United.
As Arsenal supporters prepare to heckled United’s superb Dutch striker with songs and banners on Sunday, some Gooners are only too happy to focus on this season’s statistics in order to convince themselves that having Olivier Giroud up front instead of Robin van Persie is actually a good thing.
So far in 2013-14, Giroud has just about edged van Persie in the numbers game.
Giroud and van Persie have both scored 7 goals, had 33 shots, and both carry a 21% conversion rate this season, yet there is a strong argument for Arsenal fans to make that the French forward is a better team player.
Whilst RVP has only created 7 chances this season, Giroud has notched up 19 goalscoring opportunities, whilst Giroud has also contributed five assists while United’s star forward has only two assists.
Compare and contrast Olivier Giroud and Robin van Persie’s stats below.
- Arsenal academy players talk about what it’s like to get your first pro contract ...
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...