- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud has created more chances & more assists than Man United’s Robin van Persie [Graphics]
He has been at Old Trafford for a couple of seasons now, but Arsenal fans are still roundly upset that Robin van Persie now plays for Manchester United.
As Arsenal supporters prepare to heckled United’s superb Dutch striker with songs and banners on Sunday, some Gooners are only too happy to focus on this season’s statistics in order to convince themselves that having Olivier Giroud up front instead of Robin van Persie is actually a good thing.
So far in 2013-14, Giroud has just about edged van Persie in the numbers game.
Giroud and van Persie have both scored 7 goals, had 33 shots, and both carry a 21% conversion rate this season, yet there is a strong argument for Arsenal fans to make that the French forward is a better team player.
Whilst RVP has only created 7 chances this season, Giroud has notched up 19 goalscoring opportunities, whilst Giroud has also contributed five assists while United’s star forward has only two assists.
Compare and contrast Olivier Giroud and Robin van Persie’s stats below.
- Updated: November 10, 2013