Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud has created more chances & more assists than Man United’s Robin van Persie [Graphics]
- November 10, 2013
He has been at Old Trafford for a couple of seasons now, but Arsenal fans are still roundly upset that Robin van Persie now plays for Manchester United.
As Arsenal supporters prepare to heckled United’s superb Dutch striker with songs and banners on Sunday, some Gooners are only too happy to focus on this season’s statistics in order to convince themselves that having Olivier Giroud up front instead of Robin van Persie is actually a good thing.
So far in 2013-14, Giroud has just about edged van Persie in the numbers game.
Giroud and van Persie have both scored 7 goals, had 33 shots, and both carry a 21% conversion rate this season, yet there is a strong argument for Arsenal fans to make that the French forward is a better team player.
Whilst RVP has only created 7 chances this season, Giroud has notched up 19 goalscoring opportunities, whilst Giroud has also contributed five assists while United’s star forward has only two assists.
Compare and contrast Olivier Giroud and Robin van Persie’s stats below.
- Jose Mourinho takes thinly veiled dig at Petr Cech’s decision to join Arsenal (Vi...
- Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud pulls off WWE takedown in FIFA 15 glitch (Video)
- Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from his Wenger record, sees Arsenal as title cont...
- Real Madrid considering new £40 million Arsenal bid for Karim Benzema (Fichajes)
- Theo Walcott is confident Arsenal can beat Chelsea in the Community Shield (Video)
- Theo Walcott & Santi Cazorla tweet delight at new Arsenal deals
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi