- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
- PSV confirm they’ve had a telephone call from Man United about Memphis Depay
- Shay Given credits Tim Sherwood after FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool [Video]
Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud has created more chances & more assists than Man United’s Robin van Persie [Graphics]
- November 10, 2013
He has been at Old Trafford for a couple of seasons now, but Arsenal fans are still roundly upset that Robin van Persie now plays for Manchester United.
As Arsenal supporters prepare to heckled United’s superb Dutch striker with songs and banners on Sunday, some Gooners are only too happy to focus on this season’s statistics in order to convince themselves that having Olivier Giroud up front instead of Robin van Persie is actually a good thing.
So far in 2013-14, Giroud has just about edged van Persie in the numbers game.
Giroud and van Persie have both scored 7 goals, had 33 shots, and both carry a 21% conversion rate this season, yet there is a strong argument for Arsenal fans to make that the French forward is a better team player.
Whilst RVP has only created 7 chances this season, Giroud has notched up 19 goalscoring opportunities, whilst Giroud has also contributed five assists while United’s star forward has only two assists.
Compare and contrast Olivier Giroud and Robin van Persie’s stats below.