- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud has created more chances & more assists than Man United’s Robin van Persie [Graphics]
He has been at Old Trafford for a couple of seasons now, but Arsenal fans are still roundly upset that Robin van Persie now plays for Manchester United.
As Arsenal supporters prepare to heckled United’s superb Dutch striker with songs and banners on Sunday, some Gooners are only too happy to focus on this season’s statistics in order to convince themselves that having Olivier Giroud up front instead of Robin van Persie is actually a good thing.
So far in 2013-14, Giroud has just about edged van Persie in the numbers game.
Giroud and van Persie have both scored 7 goals, had 33 shots, and both carry a 21% conversion rate this season, yet there is a strong argument for Arsenal fans to make that the French forward is a better team player.
Whilst RVP has only created 7 chances this season, Giroud has notched up 19 goalscoring opportunities, whilst Giroud has also contributed five assists while United’s star forward has only two assists.
Compare and contrast Olivier Giroud and Robin van Persie’s stats below.
- Updated: November 10, 2013