Arsenal’s interest in FC Porto’s Jackson Martinez posted on the front page of Portuguese paper Record
Are Arsenal going to land FC Porto striker Jackson Martinez this summer?
Portuguese paper Record have leapt on soundbites made by Jackson’s agent on Wednesday, to relay the information to the Portuguese public that the Gunners after chasing the Dragons’ Colombian star.
Martinez’s Italian agent, Peppino Tirri, told Corriere Giallorosso:
I am waiting for Jackson Martinez’s manager, Henrique Pompeio, to arrive in Italy tonight for a series of transfer meetings we’ll have together.
We’ve got meetings set up with numerous European clubs, as he is of interest to Manchester United, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal and Valencia, but also important Italian sides.
Yes, Roma are a concrete possibility, but they aren’t the only Serie A club interested in Martinez.
Whilst Peppino Tirri name-dropped a ton of teams in that bid to start a feeding frenzy, the name of Arsenal is reported on Record’s splash on Thursday.
Record detail that Porto with fight tooth and nail to hold onto their 27-year-old forward who scored 20 league goals last term, however Arsenal are said to be willing to pay the player’s 40 million euro release clause to make the deal happen.
- Danny Welbeck took over Arsenal’s Snapchat & spoke to tons of players (Video)
- Rio Ferdinand calls Mesut Ozil an artist after Arsenal win over Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- An explanation of how a draw for Chelsea v Porto will qualify the Blues in the Champions League
- Callum Connolly scores superb goal for Everton U21s v Porto (Video)
- Chelsea have Porto’s Ruben Neves in their viewfinder plus four other players [A Bola]
- Porto v Benfica was recorded in 360º cameras so viewers can play around with the footage (Video)