Arsenal’s interest in FC Porto’s Jackson Martinez posted on the front page of Portuguese paper Record
Are Arsenal going to land FC Porto striker Jackson Martinez this summer?
Portuguese paper Record have leapt on soundbites made by Jackson’s agent on Wednesday, to relay the information to the Portuguese public that the Gunners after chasing the Dragons’ Colombian star.
Martinez’s Italian agent, Peppino Tirri, told Corriere Giallorosso:
I am waiting for Jackson Martinez’s manager, Henrique Pompeio, to arrive in Italy tonight for a series of transfer meetings we’ll have together.
We’ve got meetings set up with numerous European clubs, as he is of interest to Manchester United, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal and Valencia, but also important Italian sides.
Yes, Roma are a concrete possibility, but they aren’t the only Serie A club interested in Martinez.
Whilst Peppino Tirri name-dropped a ton of teams in that bid to start a feeding frenzy, the name of Arsenal is reported on Record’s splash on Thursday.
Record detail that Porto with fight tooth and nail to hold onto their 27-year-old forward who scored 20 league goals last term, however Arsenal are said to be willing to pay the player’s 40 million euro release clause to make the deal happen.
Watch Live Stream
- Eureka: Jack Wilshere plays 90 minutes of football for Bournemouth v Spurs [Tweets]October 22, 2016
- Elneny starts for suspended Xhaka: Arsenal v Middlesbrough [Team Sheets]October 22, 2016
- Koscielny thanks Wenger for ‘having balls’ to sign him when he was nobody [L’Equipe]October 22, 2016
- Arsenal fans will love Hector Bellerin’s response to hypothetical Barcelona call (Video)October 22, 2016
- Arsenal have been scouting Porto’s Andre Silva since last year’s U20WC [O Jogo]October 6, 2016
- Leicester v Porto: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Everton very close to signing Yacine Brahimi from Porto [Ojogo]August 30, 2016
- Sporting CP post highlights clip of Arsenal’s Joel Campbell debut cameo in 2-1 win (Video)August 29, 2016