Arsenal’s Francis Coquelin picked up two yellow cards in 90 seconds for Freiburg
Saturday’s match of the day in Bundesliga was a crazy 3-3 thriller between Hoffenheim and Freiburg.
Aside from the six goals, referee Tobias Stieler dished out six yellow cards and three red cards in the frantic goalfest, but not all the decisions were solid.
Perhaps the unluckiest victim of the ref’s quick cards was Arsenal’s French loanee midfielder Francis Coquelin.
Coquelin moved to Freiburg in July, and Saturday was his second performance for his new employers away at Hoffenheim.
After a rip-roaring first half which saw the match levelled a 2-2 by the 29th minute, Coquelin was sent off in the 41st for collecting two yellow cards in 90 seconds.
The Arsenal man had a reasonable gripe to feel his red card offense was a poor decision. In a fight to get the ball before Kevin Volland, Coquelin flung himself into an energetic tackle which got the ball and then the player.
See how Arsenal’s Francis Coquelin picked up two yellow cards in 90 seconds, together with match highlights of Hoffenheim 3 – Freiburg 3.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores again, for Chile in 2-0 win over Brazil (official...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva wears a GoPro on his head, records Bolton training (Video)
- Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim) scores fastest ever Bundesliga goal v Bayern Munich (officia...
- Leeds 1 – Hoffenheim 2: Tom Adeyemi scored his first goal for the Whites (Highlig...
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino poses with club jersey [Pictures]
- All of new Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino’s assists since 2012 [video]