Arsenal’s Francis Coquelin picked up two yellow cards in 90 seconds for Freiburg
Saturday’s match of the day in Bundesliga was a crazy 3-3 thriller between Hoffenheim and Freiburg.
Aside from the six goals, referee Tobias Stieler dished out six yellow cards and three red cards in the frantic goalfest, but not all the decisions were solid.
Perhaps the unluckiest victim of the ref’s quick cards was Arsenal’s French loanee midfielder Francis Coquelin.
Coquelin moved to Freiburg in July, and Saturday was his second performance for his new employers away at Hoffenheim.
After a rip-roaring first half which saw the match levelled a 2-2 by the 29th minute, Coquelin was sent off in the 41st for collecting two yellow cards in 90 seconds.
The Arsenal man had a reasonable gripe to feel his red card offense was a poor decision. In a fight to get the ball before Kevin Volland, Coquelin flung himself into an energetic tackle which got the ball and then the player.
See how Arsenal’s Francis Coquelin picked up two yellow cards in 90 seconds, together with match highlights of Hoffenheim 3 – Freiburg 3.
Watch Live Stream
- Carl Jenkinson dropped as Wenger admits he’s been affected by Arsenal fans’ Twitter abuseDecember 3, 2016
- Santi Cazorla reassures Arsenal fans over injury timeline (Video)December 2, 2016
- Arsenal not interested in bringing Wilshere back despite crocked Cazorla [Times]December 2, 2016
- Arsenal now ahead of Liverpool in the race for Welsh wonderkid AmpaduDecember 2, 2016
- Liverpool star Roberto Firmino was discovered on Football Manager, admits Hoffenheim scoutNovember 17, 2016
- Former Germany goalkeeper prepares for first WWE fightOctober 31, 2016
- Chelsea battle Liverpool for a German defender [Bild]September 6, 2016
- Hoffenheim supporters stage stadium protest against RB LeipzigAugust 29, 2016