Arsenal’s Francis Coquelin picked up two yellow cards in 90 seconds for Freiburg
Saturday’s match of the day in Bundesliga was a crazy 3-3 thriller between Hoffenheim and Freiburg.
Aside from the six goals, referee Tobias Stieler dished out six yellow cards and three red cards in the frantic goalfest, but not all the decisions were solid.
Perhaps the unluckiest victim of the ref’s quick cards was Arsenal’s French loanee midfielder Francis Coquelin.
Coquelin moved to Freiburg in July, and Saturday was his second performance for his new employers away at Hoffenheim.
After a rip-roaring first half which saw the match levelled a 2-2 by the 29th minute, Coquelin was sent off in the 41st for collecting two yellow cards in 90 seconds.
The Arsenal man had a reasonable gripe to feel his red card offense was a poor decision. In a fight to get the ball before Kevin Volland, Coquelin flung himself into an energetic tackle which got the ball and then the player.
See how Arsenal’s Francis Coquelin picked up two yellow cards in 90 seconds, together with match highlights of Hoffenheim 3 – Freiburg 3.
Watch Live Stream
- Carlo Ancelotti accuses Man United & Arsenal owners of prioritizing money over winning [Talk...May 26th, 2016
- Comedian destroys Arsenal old boy Robin van Persie with Dennis Bergkamp comparison (Video)May 26th, 2016
- Arsenal fans respond to rumours linking Hector Bellerin with move back to Barcelona [Tweets]May 26th, 2016
- Arsenal favourites to sign Alvaro Morata in whopping £53m deal [COPE]May 26th, 2016
- Liverpool target Niklas Sule is also being chased by Borussia Dortmund [Bild]March 30th, 2016
- Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim) scores fastest ever Bundesliga goal v Bayern Munich (official video)August 22nd, 2015
- Leeds 1 – Hoffenheim 2: Tom Adeyemi scored his first goal for the Whites (Highlights)July 26th, 2015
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino poses with club jersey [Pictures]June 24th, 2015