Arsenal’s Francis Coquelin picked up two yellow cards in 90 seconds for Freiburg
Saturday’s match of the day in Bundesliga was a crazy 3-3 thriller between Hoffenheim and Freiburg.
Aside from the six goals, referee Tobias Stieler dished out six yellow cards and three red cards in the frantic goalfest, but not all the decisions were solid.
Perhaps the unluckiest victim of the ref’s quick cards was Arsenal’s French loanee midfielder Francis Coquelin.
Coquelin moved to Freiburg in July, and Saturday was his second performance for his new employers away at Hoffenheim.
After a rip-roaring first half which saw the match levelled a 2-2 by the 29th minute, Coquelin was sent off in the 41st for collecting two yellow cards in 90 seconds.
The Arsenal man had a reasonable gripe to feel his red card offense was a poor decision. In a fight to get the ball before Kevin Volland, Coquelin flung himself into an energetic tackle which got the ball and then the player.
See how Arsenal’s Francis Coquelin picked up two yellow cards in 90 seconds, together with match highlights of Hoffenheim 3 – Freiburg 3.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal legend Martin Keown: Alexis Sanchez best Gunners player since Thierry HenrySeptember 25, 2016
- Arsene Wenger Trolls Chelsea & Cesc Fabregas with amusing song (442oons video)September 25, 2016
- Chelsea fans unhappy with Patrick Bamford’s Instagram activity after Arsenal lossSeptember 25, 2016
- Gooners think Mesut Ozil is the best midfielder in the world (Videos)September 25, 2016
- Chelsea battle Liverpool for a German defender [Bild]September 6, 2016
- Hoffenheim supporters stage stadium protest against RB LeipzigAugust 29, 2016
- Arsenal are interested in Hoffenheim’s 19-year old winger Philipp Ochs [Bild]July 18, 2016
- Liverpool target Niklas Sule is also being chased by Borussia Dortmund [Bild]March 30, 2016