Arsenal’s Francis Coquelin picked up two yellow cards in 90 seconds for Freiburg
- August 25, 2013
Saturday’s match of the day in Bundesliga was a crazy 3-3 thriller between Hoffenheim and Freiburg.
Aside from the six goals, referee Tobias Stieler dished out six yellow cards and three red cards in the frantic goalfest, but not all the decisions were solid.
Perhaps the unluckiest victim of the ref’s quick cards was Arsenal’s French loanee midfielder Francis Coquelin.
Coquelin moved to Freiburg in July, and Saturday was his second performance for his new employers away at Hoffenheim.
After a rip-roaring first half which saw the match levelled a 2-2 by the 29th minute, Coquelin was sent off in the 41st for collecting two yellow cards in 90 seconds.
The Arsenal man had a reasonable gripe to feel his red card offense was a poor decision. In a fight to get the ball before Kevin Volland, Coquelin flung himself into an energetic tackle which got the ball and then the player.
See how Arsenal’s Francis Coquelin picked up two yellow cards in 90 seconds, together with match highlights of Hoffenheim 3 – Freiburg 3.
- Chuba Akpom wants to stay at Arsenal and fight for his place (Video)
- Arsene Wenger defends Arsenal’s spending in light of comments from Chelsea’...
- Arsene Wenger: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard isn’t on the level of the top players ...
- Off to Arsenal? Real Madrid fly to Shanghai, Karim Benzema references the “past...
- Watch Jeff Reine-Adelaide’s clever scooped pass at Arsenal’s members day (O...
- Chuba Akpom wants to fight for a place at Arsenal rather than being loaned out (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi