Arsenal’s eternal sicknote Abou Diaby still thinks he can play for France in the World Cup in Brazil [France Football]
Abou Diaby is undoubtedly an optimist.
The 27-year-old Arsenal midfielder is currently working on a strict rehabilitation programme as Diaby again makes his slow way back from a nasty cruciate knee ligament damage.
Diaby suffered the injury back in March, and it was another hammer blow for the French international whose career has been dogged by injuries.
Despite his chronic injury history, the Gunners midfielder has given a new interview to France Football in which the footballer has incredibly stated his belief that he could still make the French team of the World Cup in Brazil despite the fact he hasn’t played once for Arsenal this term.
Diaby told France Football, “I’ve never given up hope of going to the World Cup. Thinking of that has kept me going. Once I’m back on pitch, everything’s possible.”
France Football also publish a quote from the athletics trainer working with Diaby, saying “9/10 players would’ve given up. People who say Diaby is fragile are wrong. He is Highlander.”
Diaby is currently undertaking intensive training in the Alps in a last-ditch bid to feature for Arsenal this season.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal old boy Abou Diaby on retirement & being called ‘Mr Glass’ [France Football]November 29, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby undergoes ankle surgery in London [L’Equipe]October 22, 2016
- Arsenal’s old sicknote Abou Diaby plays for Marseille. You know what happened [Tweets]April 24, 2016
- Arsenal old boy Abou Diaby makes his long awaited return for Marseille reserves (Official Video)March 13, 2016
- Arsenal Fan TV goes Alexis Sanchez crazy after West Ham (Videos)December 3, 2016
- Thierry Henry & Hector Bellerin shout out Alexis after Arsenal beat West HamDecember 3, 2016
- Arsenal fan makes a bonkers claim about Leo Messi on BBC 606 (Video)December 3, 2016
- MOTD running order: Gary Lineker explains Chelsea & Arsenal positioningDecember 3, 2016