Arsenal’s eternal sicknote Abou Diaby still thinks he can play for France in the World Cup in Brazil [France Football]
Abou Diaby is undoubtedly an optimist.
The 27-year-old Arsenal midfielder is currently working on a strict rehabilitation programme as Diaby again makes his slow way back from a nasty cruciate knee ligament damage.
Diaby suffered the injury back in March, and it was another hammer blow for the French international whose career has been dogged by injuries.
Despite his chronic injury history, the Gunners midfielder has given a new interview to France Football in which the footballer has incredibly stated his belief that he could still make the French team of the World Cup in Brazil despite the fact he hasn’t played once for Arsenal this term.
Diaby told France Football, “I’ve never given up hope of going to the World Cup. Thinking of that has kept me going. Once I’m back on pitch, everything’s possible.”
France Football also publish a quote from the athletics trainer working with Diaby, saying “9/10 players would’ve given up. People who say Diaby is fragile are wrong. He is Highlander.”
Diaby is currently undertaking intensive training in the Alps in a last-ditch bid to feature for Arsenal this season.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s old sicknote Abou Diaby plays for Marseille. You know what happened [Tweets]April 24, 2016
- Arsenal old boy Abou Diaby makes his long awaited return for Marseille reserves (Official Video)March 13, 2016
- Arsenal old boy Abou Diaby suffers from a new calf injury, Marseille comeback pushed backMarch 2, 2016
- Injury-prone Abou Diaby tempts fate by standing on chair for Marseille initiation (Video)February 17, 2016
- Arsenal have secured Lucas Perez signing and are close to agreeing Shkodran Mustafi deal [BBC]August 25, 2016
- The Champions League group stage draw in full ft. Leicester and ArsenalAugust 25, 2016
- Arsenal’s instalments bid of £17m for Lucas Perez rejected by Deportivo [Cadena Ser]August 25, 2016
- Man United & Arsenal full internationals included in England U21 squadAugust 25, 2016