Arsenal’s sicknote Abou Diaby gets his boots back on in a charity match in Saudi Arabia [Video & Pictures]
Here’s a sight Arsenal fans don’t get to see much: Abou Diaby wearing a football kit.
The 27-year-old Arsenal midfielder is now working on a strict rehabilitation programme in which the Frenchman started running again in December, after Diaby makes his slow way back from a nasty cruciate knee ligament damage.
Diaby suffered the injury back in March, and it was another hammer blow for the French international whose career has been dogged by injuries.
Now, however, Diaby has his football boots back on.
The Arsenal midfielder was in Saudi Arabia last week to take part in a charity match, however the Gooner was reduced to just being the manager of one of the teams as the player was still not fit enough to take part in the action itself.
Moreover, Diaby happily gave an interview on the side of the pitch before kick off in which the Arsenal midfielder gave an update on his injury status, while saying “we are going to make sure that we win the title this year!”
Watch Abou Diaby’s interview in Saudi Arabia together with pictures of the Arsenal man wearing traditional Arab below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s old sicknote Abou Diaby plays for Marseille. You know what happened [Tweets]April 24, 2016
- Arsenal old boy Abou Diaby makes his long awaited return for Marseille reserves (Official Video)March 13, 2016
- Arsenal old boy Abou Diaby suffers from a new calf injury, Marseille comeback pushed backMarch 2, 2016
- Injury-prone Abou Diaby tempts fate by standing on chair for Marseille initiation (Video)February 17, 2016
- Some Arsenal fans are still angry after the Watford win (Videos)August 27, 2016
- The quadruple is on: Gooners celebrate after the Watford win (Arsenal Fan TV Videos)August 27, 2016
- Watford’s Walter Mazzarri produces brilliant line on Arsenal trioAugust 27, 2016
- Arsenal boss confirms Lucas Perez and Shkodran Mustafi have been signed (Video)August 27, 2016