Arsenal’s sicknote Abou Diaby gets his boots back on in a charity match in Saudi Arabia [Video & Pictures]
Here’s a sight Arsenal fans don’t get to see much: Abou Diaby wearing a football kit.
The 27-year-old Arsenal midfielder is now working on a strict rehabilitation programme in which the Frenchman started running again in December, after Diaby makes his slow way back from a nasty cruciate knee ligament damage.
Diaby suffered the injury back in March, and it was another hammer blow for the French international whose career has been dogged by injuries.
Now, however, Diaby has his football boots back on.
The Arsenal midfielder was in Saudi Arabia last week to take part in a charity match, however the Gooner was reduced to just being the manager of one of the teams as the player was still not fit enough to take part in the action itself.
Moreover, Diaby happily gave an interview on the side of the pitch before kick off in which the Arsenal midfielder gave an update on his injury status, while saying “we are going to make sure that we win the title this year!”
Watch Abou Diaby’s interview in Saudi Arabia together with pictures of the Arsenal man wearing traditional Arab below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal old boy Abou Diaby on retirement & being called ‘Mr Glass’ [France Football]November 29, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby undergoes ankle surgery in London [L’Equipe]October 22, 2016
- Arsenal’s old sicknote Abou Diaby plays for Marseille. You know what happened [Tweets]April 24, 2016
- Arsenal old boy Abou Diaby makes his long awaited return for Marseille reserves (Official Video)March 13, 2016
- Mesut Ozil & Alexis Sanchez still unhappy with Arsenal contract offers [Standard]December 5, 2016
- Arsenal & Chelsea stars joined by Ryan Fraser in the Euro team of the week [GdS]December 5, 2016
- Alexis Sanchez labelled the third best South American in the EPL after Liverpool & Man City starsDecember 5, 2016
- Chelsea & Arsenal stars join two Baggies in the BBC’s team of the weekDecember 5, 2016