Arsenal’s sicknote Abou Diaby gets his boots back on in a charity match in Saudi Arabia [Video & Pictures]
- January 3, 2014
Here’s a sight Arsenal fans don’t get to see much: Abou Diaby wearing a football kit.
The 27-year-old Arsenal midfielder is now working on a strict rehabilitation programme in which the Frenchman started running again in December, after Diaby makes his slow way back from a nasty cruciate knee ligament damage.
Diaby suffered the injury back in March, and it was another hammer blow for the French international whose career has been dogged by injuries.
Now, however, Diaby has his football boots back on.
The Arsenal midfielder was in Saudi Arabia last week to take part in a charity match, however the Gooner was reduced to just being the manager of one of the teams as the player was still not fit enough to take part in the action itself.
Moreover, Diaby happily gave an interview on the side of the pitch before kick off in which the Arsenal midfielder gave an update on his injury status, while saying “we are going to make sure that we win the title this year!”
Watch Abou Diaby’s interview in Saudi Arabia together with pictures of the Arsenal man wearing traditional Arab below.
- Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby signs for Marseille (BBC)
- Ex-Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby has an agreement to join Marseille [L’Equipe]
- Medical Complete? Ex-Arsenal man Abou Diaby pictured smiling in West Brom training gear
- Ex-Arsenal man Abou Diaby is linked with a move to West Brom [Best Tweets]
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain pays tribute to injury-plagued Abou Diaby [Video]
- Gunners fans wish Abou Diaby farewell as he is officially released by Arsenal [Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi