- Kevin Strootman to Manchester United is on after AS Roma exit from Champions League [ESPN]
- FA ban Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli for one game and fine him £25,000 for Instagram post
- Arsenal appear to be out of the race for Paulo Dybala as Palermo’s £31m valuation is too high
- Man United players sign the head of a brave girl suffering from leukaemia after she lost her hair
- Park Ji-Sung given hero’s reception at PSV before crowd accidentally set banner on fire [Videos]
ArsenalFanTV discuss the imminent £12 million arrival of Calum Chambers [Video]
The news that Arsenal had agreed a deal with Southampton for young full-back Calum Chambers caught many off guard.
Firstly due to the fact that little had been mentioned of Arsenal’s interest prior to this agreement and secondly due to the fact that the 19 year old full-back has only made 24 appearances for the club.
It’s no surprise to see Southampton making that paper though, the club are arguably the best in the business at being more than fairly compensated for the loss of their players.
The price tag attached to Chambers is a reported £12 million; meaning that it’s the third time Arsenal have forked out an eight figure fee for a Southampton teenager after Walcott and The Ox.
ArsenalFanTV’s Robbie analysed the new signing in the video below.
- Updated: July 26, 2014