- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Arsenal will have to pay at least €30m if they want to sign Asier Illarramendi [Marca]
Reports in the English media that Arsenal want to sign Spain Under-21 star Asier Illarramendi have all but been rubbished by Marca today.
The Spanish paper claim that Real Sociedad have laughed off suggestions Illarramendi could leave for Arsenal for just 12 million euros.
After a stunning Under-21 European Championships tournament at the base of Spain’s midfield, Illarramendi has become a global star, especially after becoming a key player for Real Sociedad, who secured Champions League football last season.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is far from the only big name manager to be tracking Illarramendi with Barcelona and Real Madrid also thought to be interested.
Marca add that Asier Illarramendi’s release clause is at least 30 million euros and suitors such as Arsenal would have to convince the midfielder that he is better off than currently at Real Sociedad, where he is very comfortable.
Illarramendi is contracted to Real Sociedad until 2018 and Arsenal would be unlikely to make a massive bid for the 23-year-old if they spend big bucks on Gonzalo Higuain.
- Updated: June 19, 2013