Arsenal will have to pay at least €30m if they want to sign Asier Illarramendi [Marca]
- June 19, 2013
Reports in the English media that Arsenal want to sign Spain Under-21 star Asier Illarramendi have all but been rubbished by Marca today.
The Spanish paper claim that Real Sociedad have laughed off suggestions Illarramendi could leave for Arsenal for just 12 million euros.
After a stunning Under-21 European Championships tournament at the base of Spain’s midfield, Illarramendi has become a global star, especially after becoming a key player for Real Sociedad, who secured Champions League football last season.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is far from the only big name manager to be tracking Illarramendi with Barcelona and Real Madrid also thought to be interested.
Marca add that Asier Illarramendi’s release clause is at least 30 million euros and suitors such as Arsenal would have to convince the midfielder that he is better off than currently at Real Sociedad, where he is very comfortable.
Illarramendi is contracted to Real Sociedad until 2018 and Arsenal would be unlikely to make a massive bid for the 23-year-old if they spend big bucks on Gonzalo Higuain.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...