Arsenal will have to pay at least €30m if they want to sign Asier Illarramendi [Marca]
- June 19, 2013
Reports in the English media that Arsenal want to sign Spain Under-21 star Asier Illarramendi have all but been rubbished by Marca today.
The Spanish paper claim that Real Sociedad have laughed off suggestions Illarramendi could leave for Arsenal for just 12 million euros.
After a stunning Under-21 European Championships tournament at the base of Spain’s midfield, Illarramendi has become a global star, especially after becoming a key player for Real Sociedad, who secured Champions League football last season.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is far from the only big name manager to be tracking Illarramendi with Barcelona and Real Madrid also thought to be interested.
Marca add that Asier Illarramendi’s release clause is at least 30 million euros and suitors such as Arsenal would have to convince the midfielder that he is better off than currently at Real Sociedad, where he is very comfortable.
Illarramendi is contracted to Real Sociedad until 2018 and Arsenal would be unlikely to make a massive bid for the 23-year-old if they spend big bucks on Gonzalo Higuain.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]