Arsenal will have to pay £55m if they want to sign Luis Suarez [Daily Mirror]
- July 30, 2013
The Daily Mirror have a significant update to Arsenal’s hopes of signing Liverpool striker Luis Suarez in their Wednesday edition.
According to David Maddock, a journalist with good connections at Liverpool, “Arsenal will have to pay £55million if they still want Luis Suarez, after the striker dropped his pursuit of arbitration as a means of leaving for less.”
Arsenal’s now famous bid of 40 million + one pound looks to have been an erroneous understanding of Luis Suarez’s so-called release clause at Anfield. A mistake that could well have been down to his agent Pere Guardiola.
Maddock adds: “In fresh talks early this week with his club, Suarez has finally conceded he will not approach the Premier League to arbitrate – because the contract clearly states the Anfield giants have no obligation to sell him at ANY price. And with the 26-year-old under contract for another three years, manager Brendan Rodgers and the Reds’ board are determined to keep him unless their valuation – thought to be around the £55m.”
The only action Liverpool had to take with Arsenal’s 40 million + one pound bid was to inform Suarez but were not obliged to let him talk with the Gunners.
The Daily Mirror now suggest that Arsenal will have to make a huge bid to sign Suarez with Liverpool not interested in selling to one of their direct rivals for a top four position.
Footage of Sky Sports pundits discussing Luis Suarez’s potential move to Arsenal, is on the video below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...