Arsenal will get caught by Manchester City and Chelsea in the title race says Gary Neville [Video]
Arsenal are still top of the league, into the last-16 of the Champions League and through to the 4th round in the FA Cup, yet many still believe that Arsene Wenger’s charges are still short of the quality necessary to close out the big prizes this season.
Following the Gunners’ 2-1 win away at Aston Villa on Monday night, Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville was once again asked to evaluate the Gunners chances at winning the league this campaign and, cutting to the chase, the former Man United man doesn’t believe the North Londoners will win the championship this season.
Neville’s belief is that Arsenal still won’t be talking about the title in their dressing room, although he admitted “they are doing well. Really well.”
Looking to explain why he still doesn’t back the Gunners for the title, Neville stressed that while Mesut Ozil has obviously been a huge addition the German still isn’t doing a “massive, massive job” at Arsenal this season. Moreover, Neville is of the opinion that “it’s ominous that Chelsea and Man City look powerful and strong, and [Arsenal] will get hauled back by those two teams”.
Watch Gary Neville explain why he thinks Arsenal will get caught by Manchester City and Chelsea in the title race below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez explains why he named his dogs Atom & Humber (Video)December 9, 2016
- Arsene Wenger literally laughs off rumour about Mesut Ozil (Video)December 9, 2016
- Olivier Giroud sits down to discuss his career highlights (Video)December 9, 2016
- Arsenal starlet Iwobi talks about having Ozil and Sanchez as mentors [Guardian]December 9, 2016
- Gary Neville insists the Europa League is the reason for Manchester United’s woes [Tweets]November 27, 2016
- Gary Neville picks the best Arsenal XI he played againstNovember 17, 2016
- Gary Neville names his current best Man United XI, doesn’t include ZlatanNovember 14, 2016
- Gary Neville reveals secret to Sir Alex Ferguson’s success at Man United [MEN]November 12, 2016