Arsenal “will almost certainly” bid £50m for Luis Suarez in January [Sunday Mirror]
- October 13, 2013
There are some bold claims in the Sunday Mirror today and Liverpool fans have predictably reacted with anger and fury as Luis Suarez is once again linked with a move away from Anfield.
In an article titled “Liverpool ready to sell Luis Suarez in January transfer window,” Paul Smith claims “Liverpool are planning for life without £50million-rated striker Luis Suarez.”
After attempting to join Arsenal in the summer, Smith suggests Suarez will once again look to force a move from Liverpool in January but would prefer to sign for Real Madrid.
Suarez could well be a striker in demand this January as he is not cup-tied for the Champions League with Liverpool having no European involvement in 2013/2014.
Smith writes: “The 26-year-old has confided in friends that he remains determined to quit the Reds and join a club that will challenge for major honours. Ideally, he wants move to a Champions League club and as well as being one of world football’s greatest marksmen he will also not be cup tied from playing in Europe this season.”
And, the Sunday tabloid journalist adds: “Arsenal will almost certainly return to lodge a bid which could reach the £50m mark, but it’s understood that Suarez will reject a move to The Emirates if Spanish giants Real Madrid enter the race to sign him.”
Considering Liverpool are joint top of the Premier League having made a fantastic start to the 2013/2014 season, the suggestion that Luis Suarez wants to depart will not be one easily digested by the red side of Merseyside.
- Jose Mourinho takes thinly veiled dig at Petr Cech’s decision to join Arsenal (Vi...
- Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud pulls off WWE takedown in FIFA 15 glitch (Video)
- Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from his Wenger record, sees Arsenal as title cont...
- Real Madrid considering new £40 million Arsenal bid for Karim Benzema (Fichajes)
- Theo Walcott is confident Arsenal can beat Chelsea in the Community Shield (Video)
- Theo Walcott & Santi Cazorla tweet delight at new Arsenal deals
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi