Arsenal “will almost certainly” bid £50m for Luis Suarez in January [Sunday Mirror]
There are some bold claims in the Sunday Mirror today and Liverpool fans have predictably reacted with anger and fury as Luis Suarez is once again linked with a move away from Anfield.
In an article titled “Liverpool ready to sell Luis Suarez in January transfer window,” Paul Smith claims “Liverpool are planning for life without £50million-rated striker Luis Suarez.”
After attempting to join Arsenal in the summer, Smith suggests Suarez will once again look to force a move from Liverpool in January but would prefer to sign for Real Madrid.
Suarez could well be a striker in demand this January as he is not cup-tied for the Champions League with Liverpool having no European involvement in 2013/2014.
Smith writes: “The 26-year-old has confided in friends that he remains determined to quit the Reds and join a club that will challenge for major honours. Ideally, he wants move to a Champions League club and as well as being one of world football’s greatest marksmen he will also not be cup tied from playing in Europe this season.”
And, the Sunday tabloid journalist adds: “Arsenal will almost certainly return to lodge a bid which could reach the £50m mark, but it’s understood that Suarez will reject a move to The Emirates if Spanish giants Real Madrid enter the race to sign him.”
Considering Liverpool are joint top of the Premier League having made a fantastic start to the 2013/2014 season, the suggestion that Luis Suarez wants to depart will not be one easily digested by the red side of Merseyside.
Watch Live Stream
- Kieran Gibbs destroys Arsenal stars in bottle-flip challenge (Video)December 9, 2016
- Contract Signal? Alexis Sanchez salutes Arsenal’s Invincibles on InstagramDecember 8, 2016
- Times claim Mesut Ozil & Alexis Sanchez may leave Arsenal for freeDecember 8, 2016
- Arsenal fan mashup goes viral trolling Spurs on their Champions League exit (Video)December 8, 2016
- It’s not certain Liverpool will lose Joel Matip in JanuaryDecember 8, 2016
- Joey Barton calls out Steven Gerrard’s coaching credentials (Video)December 8, 2016
- Top striker criticised for not joining Liverpool or Arsenal (BBC Video)December 8, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are worse at defending than under Brendan RodgersDecember 7, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo not included in the most expensive XI in world football [CIES]December 6, 2016
- Steven Gerrard reveals how Luis Suarez hooked him up for El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- Luis Suarez’s goal for Barcelona v Real Madrid shouldn’t have been allowedDecember 3, 2016
- Ex Liverpool striker Luis Suarez pens long and emotional Steven Gerrard tributeNovember 24, 2016