Arsenal & West Ham both want Romanian striker Ciprian Marica on a free transfer [Prosport]
Romanian news agency Prosport have circulated quotes from Ciprian Marica’s agent suggesting that the striker may be close to a move to Arsenal or West Ham.
Marica, a 27-year-old international striker who has impressively scored 22 goals in 63 games, is currently without a club having been released by Schalke at the end of last season.
Despite his lack of club football commitments at present, Marica is still a first choice forward for Romania, and last Friday the attacker notched a goal and an assist in a 3-0 win over Hungary.
Free agent Marica is now been touted about by his agent Becali, who told Prosport.ro:
Marica is a really great striker who has already got experience in western European football and so it’s natural that big clubs are eyeing his career. He’s close to joining Arsenal, but we have to wait for the next week.
Whether the Gunners interest is real remains to be seen, whilst the likes of Shakhtar Donetsk, Lazio and Inter Milan are all also rumoured to be interest in snapping up the unattached striker.
Marica has only once hit double figures in a season, scoring 10 goals for Stuttgart in 2009-10, while the forward bagged a slim five goals in 34 games for Schalke over the past two seasons.
Watch Live Stream
- Thierry Henry uses Spurs as example for youngsters being mentally weak (Video)May 31st, 2016
- The best jokes as Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey gets a ridiculous new haircut [Tweets]May 31st, 2016
- Olivier Giroud booed by France fans; Arsenal striker hits back after 3-2 win [Quotes]May 31st, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan rejects new Dortmund contract amidst Arsenal & Chelsea interest [BILD]May 31st, 2016
- West Ham’s Dimitri Payet opens up about his fear of bubbles & his free kicks (Video)May 31st, 2016
- West Ham make offer for Carlos Bacca, AC Milan name their price [Di Marzio]May 30th, 2016
- Leaked: West Ham’s brand new club badgeMay 23rd, 2016
- Quality: West Ham write short Facebook message to Manchester United ahead of FA Cup FinalMay 21st, 2016