Arsenal & West Ham both want Romanian striker Ciprian Marica on a free transfer [Prosport]
Romanian news agency Prosport have circulated quotes from Ciprian Marica’s agent suggesting that the striker may be close to a move to Arsenal or West Ham.
Marica, a 27-year-old international striker who has impressively scored 22 goals in 63 games, is currently without a club having been released by Schalke at the end of last season.
Despite his lack of club football commitments at present, Marica is still a first choice forward for Romania, and last Friday the attacker notched a goal and an assist in a 3-0 win over Hungary.
Free agent Marica is now been touted about by his agent Becali, who told Prosport.ro:
Marica is a really great striker who has already got experience in western European football and so it’s natural that big clubs are eyeing his career. He’s close to joining Arsenal, but we have to wait for the next week.
Whether the Gunners interest is real remains to be seen, whilst the likes of Shakhtar Donetsk, Lazio and Inter Milan are all also rumoured to be interest in snapping up the unattached striker.
Marica has only once hit double figures in a season, scoring 10 goals for Stuttgart in 2009-10, while the forward bagged a slim five goals in 34 games for Schalke over the past two seasons.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal starlet Iwobi talks about having Ozil and Sanchez as mentors [Guardian]December 9, 2016
- Mario Balotelli talks about his potential next club, winning Ballon d’Or [Gazzetta]December 9, 2016
- Arsenal send football clubs their Christmas CardDecember 9, 2016
- FPL GW15: Got to captain Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez againDecember 9, 2016
- West Ham beat Spurs to sign Murat Saglam [Times]December 8, 2016
- West Ham to make January move for Man Utd’s Marouane Fellaini [Telegraph]December 7, 2016
- West Ham co-owner David Gold Trolled mercilessly over accidental Inbetweeners TweetDecember 6, 2016
- Man United legend Rio Ferdinand jokes about how to stop Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez (video)December 4, 2016