Arsenal want to sign Man City’s midfielder Gareth Barry ahead of Everton [Sunday Express]
- February 8, 2014
Can the Sunday Express be trusted? Almost definitely not.
That point notwithstanding, the backpage of the tabloid on Sunday claims that Arsenal want to sign Manchester City’s Gareth Barry in the summer.
Under the plain vanilla headline “Arsenal plan Barry move”, hack John Richardson barfs:
Arsenal are ready to made a shock summer move for Manchester City’s England midfielder Gareth Barry.
Sunday Express Sport can reveal that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger attempted to bring the 32-year-old to the Emirates on loan last summer – only for City to refuse to allow the player to join a Premier League title rival.
Arsenal have found themselves short of midfielders this season with injures to Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Lukas Podolski, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Theo Walcott at various points in the season, but whether Gareth Barry is the answer to the Gunners problems may be doubted.
Barry has played 19 Premier League games for Everton this season scoring three league goals.
A copy of the Sunday Express can be seen below.
- Arsene Wenger wonders if he talks too much (Video)
- Miami Heat star Luol Deng hopes Arsenal sign Karim Benzema (Video)
- Gary Neville says Arsenal don’t have enough strength, power or pace to win title ...
- Arsenal magician Santi Cazorla packs his Ultimate XI with Spain stars (Video)
- Arsene Wenger confident of making last minute deals (Video)
- Arsene Wenger calls for video technology to solve tight offside calls (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...