- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Arsenal want to sign Man City’s midfielder Gareth Barry ahead of Everton [Sunday Express]
Can the Sunday Express be trusted? Almost definitely not.
That point notwithstanding, the backpage of the tabloid on Sunday claims that Arsenal want to sign Manchester City’s Gareth Barry in the summer.
Under the plain vanilla headline “Arsenal plan Barry move”, hack John Richardson barfs:
Arsenal are ready to made a shock summer move for Manchester City’s England midfielder Gareth Barry.
Sunday Express Sport can reveal that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger attempted to bring the 32-year-old to the Emirates on loan last summer – only for City to refuse to allow the player to join a Premier League title rival.
Arsenal have found themselves short of midfielders this season with injures to Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Lukas Podolski, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Theo Walcott at various points in the season, but whether Gareth Barry is the answer to the Gunners problems may be doubted.
Barry has played 19 Premier League games for Everton this season scoring three league goals.
A copy of the Sunday Express can be seen below.
- Updated: February 8, 2014