Arsenal want to sign Man City’s midfielder Gareth Barry ahead of Everton [Sunday Express]
- February 8, 2014
Can the Sunday Express be trusted? Almost definitely not.
That point notwithstanding, the backpage of the tabloid on Sunday claims that Arsenal want to sign Manchester City’s Gareth Barry in the summer.
Under the plain vanilla headline “Arsenal plan Barry move”, hack John Richardson barfs:
Arsenal are ready to made a shock summer move for Manchester City’s England midfielder Gareth Barry.
Sunday Express Sport can reveal that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger attempted to bring the 32-year-old to the Emirates on loan last summer – only for City to refuse to allow the player to join a Premier League title rival.
Arsenal have found themselves short of midfielders this season with injures to Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Lukas Podolski, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Theo Walcott at various points in the season, but whether Gareth Barry is the answer to the Gunners problems may be doubted.
Barry has played 19 Premier League games for Everton this season scoring three league goals.
A copy of the Sunday Express can be seen below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]