Arsenal want Dimitri Payet to replace departing Gervinho [L’Equipe]
- June 18, 2013
L’Equipe suggest this evening that both Marseille and Arsenal are interested in Lille attacking midfielder Dimitri Payet.
According to the French newspaper, Marseille have made an 8 million euro bid for Payet which has been rejected by Lille as it doesn’t reflect the “value of the player.”
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is also believed to be keen on signing Payet but this would depend on the Frenchman selling Gervinho.
The Ivory Coast forward, who has struggled in two seasons at the Emirates, is also reportedly being linked with Marseille and is expected to leave the Emirates this summer.
So far in the summer transfer window, Arsenal have been predominantly linked with a 30 million euro bid for Gonzalo Higuain.
Payet had a fine campaign for Lille, scoring 12 goals in 2012/2013. Video evidence below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi