- Harry Kane’s Christmas message to all Spurs fans [Facebook video]
- Angel Di Maria wants Man United to sign Benfica’s Nicolas Gaitan [Fichajes]
- Bolton boss Neil Lennon explains signing Emile Heskey, may play on Boxing Day v Blackburn [Audio]
- Union Berlin hosts 27,500 fans singing Christmas carols in their stadium [Video]
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola appointed manager of Serie A side Cagliari
Arsenal want Dimitri Payet to replace departing Gervinho [L'Equipe]
L’Equipe suggest this evening that both Marseille and Arsenal are interested in Lille attacking midfielder Dimitri Payet.
According to the French newspaper, Marseille have made an 8 million euro bid for Payet which has been rejected by Lille as it doesn’t reflect the “value of the player.”
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is also believed to be keen on signing Payet but this would depend on the Frenchman selling Gervinho.
The Ivory Coast forward, who has struggled in two seasons at the Emirates, is also reportedly being linked with Marseille and is expected to leave the Emirates this summer.
So far in the summer transfer window, Arsenal have been predominantly linked with a 30 million euro bid for Gonzalo Higuain.
Payet had a fine campaign for Lille, scoring 12 goals in 2012/2013. Video evidence below.
- Updated: June 18, 2013