Arsenal want Dimitri Payet to replace departing Gervinho [L’Equipe]
- June 18, 2013
L’Equipe suggest this evening that both Marseille and Arsenal are interested in Lille attacking midfielder Dimitri Payet.
According to the French newspaper, Marseille have made an 8 million euro bid for Payet which has been rejected by Lille as it doesn’t reflect the “value of the player.”
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is also believed to be keen on signing Payet but this would depend on the Frenchman selling Gervinho.
The Ivory Coast forward, who has struggled in two seasons at the Emirates, is also reportedly being linked with Marseille and is expected to leave the Emirates this summer.
So far in the summer transfer window, Arsenal have been predominantly linked with a 30 million euro bid for Gonzalo Higuain.
Payet had a fine campaign for Lille, scoring 12 goals in 2012/2013. Video evidence below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...