Arsenal want Dimitri Payet to replace departing Gervinho [L’Equipe]
- June 18, 2013
L’Equipe suggest this evening that both Marseille and Arsenal are interested in Lille attacking midfielder Dimitri Payet.
According to the French newspaper, Marseille have made an 8 million euro bid for Payet which has been rejected by Lille as it doesn’t reflect the “value of the player.”
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is also believed to be keen on signing Payet but this would depend on the Frenchman selling Gervinho.
The Ivory Coast forward, who has struggled in two seasons at the Emirates, is also reportedly being linked with Marseille and is expected to leave the Emirates this summer.
So far in the summer transfer window, Arsenal have been predominantly linked with a 30 million euro bid for Gonzalo Higuain.
Payet had a fine campaign for Lille, scoring 12 goals in 2012/2013. Video evidence below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...