- MOTD3 panel discuss Arsenal’s defending & Arsene Wenger’s future at the club [Video]
- Which player has covered the most distance in a Premier League 2014/2015 match?!
- Lionel Messi is 15th & Cristiano Ronaldo is 8th in top 5 leagues all-time top scorers. Spurs’ Greaves #1
- Touching! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s brilliant comeback for Bayern Munich v Hoffenheim [Official Video]
- Rayo Vallecano help relocate & pay lifetime rent an 85-year-old grandma who was made homeless
Arsenal up their bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez to £35m & confident over Higuain [Guardian]
Just hours after Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was quoted by The Sunday Sun bemoaning their lack of Champions League football and a title challenge, Arsenal appear to have upped the stakes to sign the Uruguayan striker.
David Hytner claims in The Guardian on Monday that Arsene Wenger has increased his bid for Suarez due to the delay in their long-mooted move for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain.
Arsenal’s initial bid for Suarez was reportedly 30 million pounds and it is understood Liverpool are at least holding out for 40 million pounds.
Hytner adds that Manchester City are eyeing developments and Chelsea have also been linked with the want away Liverpool hitman.
It is certainly beginning to look likely, that despite his complaints about the UK media, current Liverpool forward Luis Suarez could well be playing for another Premier League side next season.
Meanwhile, Arsenal fans will be buoyed by the end of The Guardian article that suggests Wenger is “confident” about securing Higuain and that the Gunners will spend big this summer.
- Updated: July 14, 2013