- Borussia Dortmund release incredible video of fans & players singing ‘Jingle Bells’ [Video]
- PSG want to sign Adnan Januzaj on 6 month loan from Manchester United [Le Parisien]
- West Ham release awesome Christmas video poem celebrating 2014 success [Video]
- Liverpool’s Suso got a drone for Christmas [Instagram Video]
- Crystal Palace’s Yannick Bolasie shows off his ‘tekkers’ on a hands-free Segway [Video]
Arsenal up their bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez to £35m & confident over Higuain [Guardian]
Just hours after Liverpool striker Luis Suarez was quoted by The Sunday Sun bemoaning their lack of Champions League football and a title challenge, Arsenal appear to have upped the stakes to sign the Uruguayan striker.
David Hytner claims in The Guardian on Monday that Arsene Wenger has increased his bid for Suarez due to the delay in their long-mooted move for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain.
Arsenal’s initial bid for Suarez was reportedly 30 million pounds and it is understood Liverpool are at least holding out for 40 million pounds.
Hytner adds that Manchester City are eyeing developments and Chelsea have also been linked with the want away Liverpool hitman.
It is certainly beginning to look likely, that despite his complaints about the UK media, current Liverpool forward Luis Suarez could well be playing for another Premier League side next season.
Meanwhile, Arsenal fans will be buoyed by the end of The Guardian article that suggests Wenger is “confident” about securing Higuain and that the Gunners will spend big this summer.
- Updated: July 14, 2013