Arsenal unwilling to pay €17m Bayern Munich asking price for Luiz Gustavo [Bild]
- August 14, 2013
German newspaper Bild have reported that Arsenal and Bayern Munich are still some way short of agreeing a fee for Brazilian midfielder Luiz Gustavo.
Over recent days, Arsenal’s interest in Gustavo has been confirmed in both the English and German press with a reported bid lodged of around 15 million euros.
Bild suggest Arsenal are the most likely destination for Gustavo but the Gunners are a little short of Bayern’s current valuation of the player which is between 17 and 20 million euros.
Besides Wolfsburg, Atletico Madrid and Napoli who have also been linked with the Brazilian, Bild add that Dynamo Moscow have now joined the race but their lack of European football could count against them.
Gustavo is quoted by Bild as saying: “My situation at Bayern is really complicated. I have a contract until 2015, and therefore there is no reason to despair. But I want to be a club where I can play.”
South American expert Tim Vickery believes Luiz Gustavo would be “an excellent” signing for Arsenal, see video below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...