Arsenal to send scouts to watch Atletico’s amazing Diego Costa with view to £32m January deal [Goal.com]
- December 18, 2013
We know. Just the viewing of the words Goal.com in the title makes the following story hard to believe, but it’s quite simple to pick apart the bones of this next unlikely transfer.
Wayne Veysey, the site’s Chief Correspondent, has somehow got his hands on the knowledge that Arsenal will send scouts to Atletico Madrid’s next two matches, and from there a combination of matching up truths with tabloid narratives unfolds.
Arsene Wenger and the Gunners’ chief scout Steve Rowley have identified the Brazilian as a potential January target as the Premier League leaders step up plans to reinforce their front line.
Scouts have been instructed to assess Costa in Wednesday night’s Copa Del Rey clash against Sant Andreu and Saturday’s La Liga match against Levante, both of which take place at the Vicente Calderon.
The article goes on the note the Costa renewed his deal only in August agreeing to stay at Atletico until 2018, however “it is understood a fresh buy-out clause of €38 million (£32.1m) was inserted in the deal.”
It’s also reported that “Arsenal have made contact with Costa’s representatives.”
While Arsenal fans would dearly love to sign Diego Costa in January, or at any point in the near future for that matter, it’s possible that Arsenal truthfully will have scouts at the games to scout the striker, and that Costa does have the reported buy-out clause, but nevertheless it remains highly dubious to believe that the Gunners can land such a big prize.
Atletico are second in La Liga, they are through to the last-16 of the Champions League, Diego Costa has 22 goals in 21 Atletico games, including 17 in 16 in the league, and pigs probably have a better chance of flying than this deal coming to fruition.
- Theo Walcott & Santi Cazorla tweet delight at new Arsenal deals
- Arsene Wenger takes a Selfie
- Nacho Monreal wears his shorts back to front at Arsenal Members Day , Cazorla loves it ...
- Judas: Spurs fan responds to Sol Campbell’s quote that Arsenal were better in eve...
- Come And Get Me, Arsene: Karim Benzema starts following Wengerland on Instagram
- Mesut Özil compares Cristiano Ronaldo with Arsenal’s star man – in English ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi