Arsenal to offer Atletico Madrid £31m for Diego Costa as the Gunners battle Chelsea [Mirror]
Just days after the Sun claimed that Chelsea had sown up a deal with Atletico Madrid for Diego Costa, the Mirror on Sunday are reporting that Arsenal are set to battle the Blues.
According to the Sun on Friday, Chelsea have signed Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid for £32m.
The Sun went on the claim, “WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Diego Costa will sign for Blues in a £32million deal after agreeing his move to Stamford Bridge from the La Liga leaders — ending long chase of hitman, 25, by Jose Mourinho.”
A few days later, the race for Costa seems less clear cut as the Mirror report the following:
Arsenal are set to make an audacious move for Diego Costa.
The 25-year-old Atletico Madrid star has a £31million release clause in his contract and Chelsea are the hot favourites to sign the Brazilian-born Spain international.
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has made no secret of his ambition to reinforce his front-line during the close season and Costa is at the top of his list. But Arsenal are also keen and will move in if the move to Chelsea stalls.
Wenger could also move for another Atletico Madrid player called Diego – Diego Ribas da Cunha. The 29-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season. He is on a loan deal in Madrid from German club Wolfsburg.
- Good Guy John Terry shoots for Love, nominates former Chelsea teammates (Video)
- The 10 best passers in the Premier League so far, featuring Arsenal & Chelsea stars
- Jose Mourinho threatens to kill himself if Chelsea replace him with Brendan Rodgers (Sp...
- Jose Mourinho admits Chelsea’s results have been bad, thanks Roman Abramovich [Ga...
- Spain boss Vicente Del Bosque disapproves of Diego Costa’s recent behaviour (Quotes)
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa cut from Spain squad, Thiago Alcantara returns
- Arsene Wenger waiting on Gabriel ruling, reiterates Diego Costa should have been sent o...
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa protests innocence over-3 game ban, reveals his anti-ageing...