Arsenal to offer Atletico Madrid £31m for Diego Costa as the Gunners battle Chelsea [Mirror]
Just days after the Sun claimed that Chelsea had sown up a deal with Atletico Madrid for Diego Costa, the Mirror on Sunday are reporting that Arsenal are set to battle the Blues.
According to the Sun on Friday, Chelsea have signed Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid for £32m.
The Sun went on the claim, “WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Diego Costa will sign for Blues in a £32million deal after agreeing his move to Stamford Bridge from the La Liga leaders — ending long chase of hitman, 25, by Jose Mourinho.”
A few days later, the race for Costa seems less clear cut as the Mirror report the following:
Arsenal are set to make an audacious move for Diego Costa.
The 25-year-old Atletico Madrid star has a £31million release clause in his contract and Chelsea are the hot favourites to sign the Brazilian-born Spain international.
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has made no secret of his ambition to reinforce his front-line during the close season and Costa is at the top of his list. But Arsenal are also keen and will move in if the move to Chelsea stalls.
Wenger could also move for another Atletico Madrid player called Diego – Diego Ribas da Cunha. The 29-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season. He is on a loan deal in Madrid from German club Wolfsburg.
Watch Live Stream
- Jack Wilshere responds to Jamie Redknapp’s prediction that he won’t return to ArsenalOctober 24, 2016
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- Burn: Chelsea’s Antonio Conte hit back at Jose Mourinho’s moaning with epic zingerOctober 24, 2016
- Mesut Who? You won’t believe the player leading the Premier League Assists ChartOctober 24, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Chelsea fans & FPL managers are hoping Diego Costa gets booked v Man UnitedOctober 20, 2016
- Chelsea warn Diego Costa to show more respect to Antonio ConteOctober 18, 2016
- The real reason Diego Costa asked to be substituted against LeicesterOctober 18, 2016
- A quality short story about Diego Costa, a Chelsea fan & a broken cameraOctober 18, 2016