Arsenal to offer Atletico Madrid £31m for Diego Costa as the Gunners battle Chelsea [Mirror]
- May 3, 2014
Just days after the Sun claimed that Chelsea had sown up a deal with Atletico Madrid for Diego Costa, the Mirror on Sunday are reporting that Arsenal are set to battle the Blues.
According to the Sun on Friday, Chelsea have signed Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid for £32m.
The Sun went on the claim, “WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Diego Costa will sign for Blues in a £32million deal after agreeing his move to Stamford Bridge from the La Liga leaders — ending long chase of hitman, 25, by Jose Mourinho.”
A few days later, the race for Costa seems less clear cut as the Mirror report the following:
Arsenal are set to make an audacious move for Diego Costa.
The 25-year-old Atletico Madrid star has a £31million release clause in his contract and Chelsea are the hot favourites to sign the Brazilian-born Spain international.
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has made no secret of his ambition to reinforce his front-line during the close season and Costa is at the top of his list. But Arsenal are also keen and will move in if the move to Chelsea stalls.
Wenger could also move for another Atletico Madrid player called Diego – Diego Ribas da Cunha. The 29-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season. He is on a loan deal in Madrid from German club Wolfsburg.
- Man United’s Daley Blind admits he rejected “incredible” Arsenal offe...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Arsene Wenger smashes the Arsenal crossbar challenge with first attempt (Video)
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby signs for Marseille (BBC)
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi