Arsenal to offer Atletico Madrid £31m for Diego Costa as the Gunners battle Chelsea [Mirror]
- May 3, 2014
Just days after the Sun claimed that Chelsea had sown up a deal with Atletico Madrid for Diego Costa, the Mirror on Sunday are reporting that Arsenal are set to battle the Blues.
According to the Sun on Friday, Chelsea have signed Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid for £32m.
The Sun went on the claim, “WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Diego Costa will sign for Blues in a £32million deal after agreeing his move to Stamford Bridge from the La Liga leaders — ending long chase of hitman, 25, by Jose Mourinho.”
A few days later, the race for Costa seems less clear cut as the Mirror report the following:
Arsenal are set to make an audacious move for Diego Costa.
The 25-year-old Atletico Madrid star has a £31million release clause in his contract and Chelsea are the hot favourites to sign the Brazilian-born Spain international.
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has made no secret of his ambition to reinforce his front-line during the close season and Costa is at the top of his list. But Arsenal are also keen and will move in if the move to Chelsea stalls.
Wenger could also move for another Atletico Madrid player called Diego – Diego Ribas da Cunha. The 29-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season. He is on a loan deal in Madrid from German club Wolfsburg.
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker picks lots of friends in Ultimate XI, including the lat...
- Arsenal loanee Yaya Sanogo produced a hilariously Yaya Sanogo finish in Ajax friendly (...
- ArsenalFanTV list 10 strikers Arsenal could’ve signed this summer (Video)
- Arsenal fans rage at Arsene Wenger after club confirm Danny Welbeck long term injury [T...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Arsenal academy players talk about what it’s like to get your first pro contract ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...