Arsenal to make offer for Swansea forward Michu [Cadena Ser]
Arsenal fans are probably quite sick of reputable news sources suggesting they would sign a big name player.
After all, reports in Argentina and Uruguay, at various times this summer, suggested they were close to bringing in the likes of Gonzalo Higuain and Luis Suarez.
On Thursday it was the turn of Cadena Ser – a reputable news source from Spain – suggesting Arsenal are set to move for Swansea forward Michu.
The information was relayed by a journalist from Cadena Ser on Twitter (see Tweet below) and comes after plenty of tentative suggestions that Arsenal would move for the Spanish attacker.
Michu was one of the revelations of the Premier League in 2012/2013 and would undoubtedly add quality depth to Arsenal’s attacking play.
Swansea would be loath to sell, having just partnered Michu with Wilfried Bony in a potentially very exciting attack for Michael Laudrup’s side.
Arsene Wenger confirmed on Thursday that Arsenal do remain active in the transfer market despite appearing to miss out on a host of big name targets.
Wenger: “We are active. We are in a situation like Manchester United, like Chelsea, where everybody expects signings and at the moment not a lot has happened. There are 18 days to go, so that is a long time in the transfer market and we will be active. I cannot certify what the number [of players coming in will be] but we will be active until the end, that is for sure.”
El Arsenal va a hacer una oferta al Swansea por Michu. Calidad tiene de sobra como para jugar en uno de los grandes de la Premier.
— Pacojo (@PacojoSER) August 15, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- New Napoli man Michu scores in trainingJuly 19, 2014
- DONE DEAL! Napoli sign Michu from Swansea on loanJuly 17, 2014
- Swansea striker Michu has passed a medical to join Napoli, deal imminent [COPE]June 28, 2014
- Michu celebrates return from injury for Swansea with photoshopped picture of himself as a Wild CatMarch 15, 2014
- Swansea legend Lee Trundle scores awesome trick penalty (video)December 5, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino cites Michael Owen dive to defend Spurs midfielderDecember 5, 2016
- Explosive claims may finally reveal why Michael Laudrup was mysteriously axed from Swansea in 2014December 4, 2016
- Dele Alli lampooned on the BBC for his dive v Swansea (Video)December 3, 2016