Arsenal to make a £40m bid for Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema [Telegraph]
- August 21, 2013
The Telegraph on Thursday turns Arsenal fans’ attentions away from the Gunners excellent 3-0 win away at Fenerbahce by boosting hopes that Karim Benzema could be set to move to the Emirates.
According to the backpage of the broadsheet, Arsenal are ready to make a £40m bid for Real Madrid’s French international striker.
Rumours linking Arsene Wenger to Benzema are nothing new, and only a couple of weeks away an identical rumour was floated by Futbol Mercado saying that Arsenal had lodged a €45m bid for the Los Blancos centre-forward.
Moreover, the Futbol Mercado rumours followed gossip leaked by French newspaper Le 10 Sport a week earlier, which also claimed that Arsenal were considering a £39m bid for the Real Madrid having been thwarted in their efforts to sign Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.
Now, of course, there is the outside chance the any negativity towards the Arsenal-Benzema story is misplaced. That said, many Gunners fans who will hear the Telegraph’s rumour on Thursday may be quick to dismiss it as nonsense.
A picture of the backpage of the Telegraph on Thursday is below.
- Augsberg defender Abdul Rahman Baba agrees personal terms With Chelsea [Bild]
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright strangely takes to Twitter to beg his old club to sign Real M...
- Aaron Ramsey thinks Theo Walcott is set for a prolific season (Video)
- Arsene Wenger has £42m to splash out on a striker; Karim Benzema tops his list [Cadena ...
- A week after Chuba Akpom said he wanted to stay at Arsenal, he joins Hull on loan (Pict...
- Arsenal stars like Petr Cech & Olivier Giroud photobomb unsuspecting fans (Officia...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi