Arsenal to lodge £35m double raid on Swansea for Michu & Ashley Williams [Evening Standard]
- August 19, 2013
Amid a background of an opening Premier League defeat at home to Aston Villa, Arsene Wenger’s lack of transfer activity in the summer, and a terrible injury crisis, Monday’s edition of the London Evening Standard has claimed that the Gunners are plotting a £35m double raid on Swansea for Michu and Ashley Williams.
Reporter James Olley writes:
Arsenal are weighing up a £35million double raid on Swansea for striker Michu and defender Ashley Williams as the club look to respond to mounting criticism over their lack of signings.
It is understood that Swansea are reluctant to sell but have valued the 27-year-old at £25m in the knowledge that a bid at that level would be hard to reject, especially with Michael Laudrup still keen to add to his squad.
Arsenal view that figure as excessive, especially given Michu cost Swansea just £2m from Rayo Vallecano last summer but in the context of their other centre-forward targets, the deal could prove attractive.
With a large helping of no quotes the story in the Evening Standard seems flimsy at best, although the general notion that Arsenal need a centre-half and a attacking addition does at least make sense.
Nevertheless, the regurgitation of linking Arsenal with players whom the North Londoners have been linked to heavily earlier in the summer, only strengthens the central fact that Arsenal are majorly short of fit players as the club struggle to buy anybody.
- Arturo Vidal rules out moving to Arsenal because of fans’ obsession with Twitter ...
- First Interview: Petr Cech believes his experience can help Arsenal win the title [Video]
- Kuwaiti Chelsea fan burns Petr Cech’s shirt after keeper’s move to Arsenal ...
- Chelsea fan trolls Petr Čech’s Wikipedia page following move to Arsenal
- Arsenal are no longer interested in Arturo Vidal, according to the BBC & Telegraph
- Snake: Angry Chelsea fans turn on new Arsenal keeper Petr Cech [Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi