Arsenal to increase bid for Luis Suarez; Higuain, Fellaini & Cesar all now unlikely [Evening Standard]
- July 11, 2013
Do the London Evening Standard know more than other newspapers in England about Arsenal’s transfer dealings?
Perhaps, as a London based newspaper they should, although this afternoon’s report on an increased bid for Luis Suarez has been bandied about on the internet for a day or so as well.
Simon Johnson in the Evening Standard on Thursday claims “The Gunners had a £30million offer for Suarez rejected by Liverpool last week, but still feel that he can be prised from Anfield this summer.”
Johnson then goes on to rubbish three of the rumours linking three players to Arsenal this summer: Gonzalo Higuain, Marouane Fellaini and Julio Cesar.
On Higuain, Johnson fails to add anything new, saying that Real Madrid are waiting for a big offer (the Spanish press say 30 million euros) and the Argentine striker will meet with Carlo Ancelotti next Monday.
Fellaini meanwhile feels his “dream move” to Arsenal is fading since Arsene Wenger wants to buy two strikers and is unlikely to have enough money left to sign the Belgian midfielder, who has a £23.5m release clause.
Finally, Julio Cesar is in talks with Napoli, which suggests rumours of Arsenal moving for Newcastle keeper Tim Krul could be true.
To sum up, the Evening Standard don’t know a great deal more than anyone else, but seem to suggest Arsene Wenger is being frustrated by the summer transfer window. So far.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...