- Lionel Messi has a new football tattoo on his left leg [Pictures]
- Inter Milan reach agreement with Lukas Podolski, still yet to speak to Arsenal [Di Marzio]
- Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois has claimed 51 crosses in the Premier League with a 100% success rate [HLN]
- Sevilla are interested in Man United striker Radamel Falcao [AS]
- Neymar linked to medical student Camila Karam during his Xmas trip home, she denies relationship
Arsenal target Serge Aurier grabbed two assists for Ivory Coast v Japan [Vine video]
Arsenal fans reeling from the loss of Bacary Sagna to Manchester City on a free transfer were keeping a keen eye on Ivory Coast’s World Cup match with Japan in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Toulouse right back Serge Aurier has been tipped as Sagna’s most like replacement at the Emirates.
Aurier, fairly unknown in England, would be very much a typical Arsene Wenger signing since he is a youngster from Ligue 1 that ticks all the boxes in terms of pace and power.
The Ivory Coast right back was instrumental in their comeback win over Japan – setting up both goals with almost identical crosses from the right hand side.
First, Aurier set up Wilfried Bony, two minutes later it was former Arsenal forward Gervinho.
Both of the Aurier assists can be seen above. Some of the Twitter reaction to the Arsenal target’s performance can be seen below.
— Get French Football (@GFN_France) June 15, 2014
Serge Aurier: MotM vs Japan, Rating 8.7, Key passes 3, Assists 2, Interceptions 6 pic.twitter.com/p2h2oVwX16
— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) June 15, 2014
— John Bennett (@JohnBennettBBC) June 15, 2014
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) June 15, 2014
Serge Aurier with two assists in two minutes. Great crossing throughout. In space he's lethal.
— Sam Tighe (@stighefootball) June 15, 2014
Serge Aurier – sign him up now Wenger!
— Ouriel Daskal (@Soccerissue) June 15, 2014
- Updated: June 15, 2014