Arsenal target Serge Aurier grabbed two assists for Ivory Coast v Japan [Vine video]
- June 15, 2014
Arsenal fans reeling from the loss of Bacary Sagna to Manchester City on a free transfer were keeping a keen eye on Ivory Coast’s World Cup match with Japan in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Toulouse right back Serge Aurier has been tipped as Sagna’s most like replacement at the Emirates.
Aurier, fairly unknown in England, would be very much a typical Arsene Wenger signing since he is a youngster from Ligue 1 that ticks all the boxes in terms of pace and power.
The Ivory Coast right back was instrumental in their comeback win over Japan – setting up both goals with almost identical crosses from the right hand side.
First, Aurier set up Wilfried Bony, two minutes later it was former Arsenal forward Gervinho.
Both of the Aurier assists can be seen above. Some of the Twitter reaction to the Arsenal target’s performance can be seen below.
— Get French Football (@GFN_France) June 15, 2014
Serge Aurier: MotM vs Japan, Rating 8.7, Key passes 3, Assists 2, Interceptions 6 pic.twitter.com/p2h2oVwX16
— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) June 15, 2014
— John Bennett (@JohnBennettBBC) June 15, 2014
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) June 15, 2014
Serge Aurier with two assists in two minutes. Great crossing throughout. In space he's lethal.
— Sam Tighe (@stighefootball) June 15, 2014
Serge Aurier – sign him up now Wenger!
— Ouriel Daskal (@Soccerissue) June 15, 2014
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...