Arsenal target Serge Aurier grabbed two assists for Ivory Coast v Japan [Vine video]
Arsenal fans reeling from the loss of Bacary Sagna to Manchester City on a free transfer were keeping a keen eye on Ivory Coast’s World Cup match with Japan in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Toulouse right back Serge Aurier has been tipped as Sagna’s most like replacement at the Emirates.
Aurier, fairly unknown in England, would be very much a typical Arsene Wenger signing since he is a youngster from Ligue 1 that ticks all the boxes in terms of pace and power.
The Ivory Coast right back was instrumental in their comeback win over Japan – setting up both goals with almost identical crosses from the right hand side.
First, Aurier set up Wilfried Bony, two minutes later it was former Arsenal forward Gervinho.
Both of the Aurier assists can be seen above. Some of the Twitter reaction to the Arsenal target’s performance can be seen below.
— Get French Football (@GFN_France) June 15, 2014
Serge Aurier: MotM vs Japan, Rating 8.7, Key passes 3, Assists 2, Interceptions 6 pic.twitter.com/p2h2oVwX16
— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) June 15, 2014
— John Bennett (@JohnBennettBBC) June 15, 2014
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) June 15, 2014
Serge Aurier with two assists in two minutes. Great crossing throughout. In space he's lethal.
— Sam Tighe (@stighefootball) June 15, 2014
Serge Aurier – sign him up now Wenger!
— Ouriel Daskal (@Soccerissue) June 15, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Arsene Wenger gives injury updates, worrying Theo Walcott newsOctober 28, 2016
- Hector Bellerin admits he’s not as good as CatinhoOctober 28, 2016
- Arsenal & Man City stars included in the top 30 defenders in world football [France Football]October 28, 2016
- Sunderland v Arsenal: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 28, 2016
- PSG defender Serge Aurier investigated by FIFA for ‘throat slit’ gesture [BBC]October 13, 2016
- Incredible: Ivory Coast defender Serge Aurier saved the life of Mali’s Moussa Doumbia (Video)October 12, 2016
- PSG bad boy Serge Aurier performs a ‘slit the throat’ gesture after an Ivory Coast goalOctober 9, 2016
- Man City’s Yaya Toure pens statement announcing retirement from international footballSeptember 20, 2016