Arsenal target Serge Aurier grabbed two assists for Ivory Coast v Japan [Vine video]
Arsenal fans reeling from the loss of Bacary Sagna to Manchester City on a free transfer were keeping a keen eye on Ivory Coast’s World Cup match with Japan in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Toulouse right back Serge Aurier has been tipped as Sagna’s most like replacement at the Emirates.
Aurier, fairly unknown in England, would be very much a typical Arsene Wenger signing since he is a youngster from Ligue 1 that ticks all the boxes in terms of pace and power.
The Ivory Coast right back was instrumental in their comeback win over Japan – setting up both goals with almost identical crosses from the right hand side.
First, Aurier set up Wilfried Bony, two minutes later it was former Arsenal forward Gervinho.
Both of the Aurier assists can be seen above. Some of the Twitter reaction to the Arsenal target’s performance can be seen below.
— Get French Football (@GFN_France) June 15, 2014
Serge Aurier: MotM vs Japan, Rating 8.7, Key passes 3, Assists 2, Interceptions 6 pic.twitter.com/p2h2oVwX16
— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) June 15, 2014
— John Bennett (@JohnBennettBBC) June 15, 2014
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) June 15, 2014
Serge Aurier with two assists in two minutes. Great crossing throughout. In space he's lethal.
— Sam Tighe (@stighefootball) June 15, 2014
Serge Aurier – sign him up now Wenger!
— Ouriel Daskal (@Soccerissue) June 15, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Who? A lot of Arsenal fans have never heard of imminent new signing Lucas Perez [Tweets]August 24, 2016
- Arsenal set to sign Lucas Perez from Deportivo La Coruña for €20m [El Confidencial]August 24, 2016
- Savage: Barcelona star Gerard Pique makes fun of Arsenal on TwitterAugust 24, 2016
- Rumours linking Arsenal to Antoine Griezmann are lies [Arseblog]August 24, 2016
- Yao Serge N’Guessan scored from the halfway line for Ivory Coast v Cameroon (Video)January 31, 2016
- Ex-Ivory Coast & Wigan defender Steve Gohouri found dead in the Rhine. RIPJanuary 2, 2016
- Yaya Toure’s Fantasy 5-a-side team, ft. No Man City players, lots of Barcelona legends (video)August 26, 2015
- Germany beat Ivory Coast 10-0 (!) at the Women’s World Cup [Official Highlights]June 8, 2015