Arsenal target Schalke full back Atsuto Uchida to replace Bacary Sagna [Express]
Reports last week, via reliable French newspaper L’Equipe, suggested Bacary Sagna has all but left Arsenal for Manchester City.
Sagna is out of contract at the Emirates and appears to have decided to bag the cash at the Etihad rather than stay at Arsenal, despite the urgings of many in north London.
Toulouse defender Serge Aurier has long been linked as Sagna’s replacement but the Sunday Express throw out another name today: Atsuto Uchida.
The 26-year-old from Schalke can play on either flank and has impressed in the Bundesliga since joining from Kashima Antlers.
According to Anthony Chapman: “The Japan international, capable of playing on either side of the backline, is rated as one of the best defenders in the German league, and Arsene Wenger is keen to strike a deal for the versatile 26-year-old as he looks to bolster his squad.”
Chapman goes on to say that Uchida is a better option than the likes of Micah Richards and Juanfran.
We suspect Serge Aurier is still the front runner to replace Bacary Sagna though…
Watch Live Stream
- Alexis Sanchez shows his disappointment over the 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlistOctober 26, 2016
- Chelsea upload video of Nathaniel Chalobah’s double nutmeg v Man UnitedOctober 26, 2016
- The Ox celebrates Arsenal win over Reading with dressing room picture on InstagramOctober 26, 2016
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge is the same as Arsenal’s Theo Walcott (BBC Audio)October 26, 2016
- Schalke players & fans show support to injured Breel Embolo (Video)October 24, 2016
- Schalke star Breel Embolo set to miss six months after nasty triple injuryOctober 16, 2016
- Schalke v Bayern Munich: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-09September 3, 2016
- Tottenham may make a £38 million move for Schalke’s Max Meyer [Bild]August 31, 2016