Arsenal target Schalke full back Atsuto Uchida to replace Bacary Sagna [Express]
Reports last week, via reliable French newspaper L’Equipe, suggested Bacary Sagna has all but left Arsenal for Manchester City.
Sagna is out of contract at the Emirates and appears to have decided to bag the cash at the Etihad rather than stay at Arsenal, despite the urgings of many in north London.
Toulouse defender Serge Aurier has long been linked as Sagna’s replacement but the Sunday Express throw out another name today: Atsuto Uchida.
The 26-year-old from Schalke can play on either flank and has impressed in the Bundesliga since joining from Kashima Antlers.
According to Anthony Chapman: “The Japan international, capable of playing on either side of the backline, is rated as one of the best defenders in the German league, and Arsene Wenger is keen to strike a deal for the versatile 26-year-old as he looks to bolster his squad.”
Chapman goes on to say that Uchida is a better option than the likes of Micah Richards and Juanfran.
We suspect Serge Aurier is still the front runner to replace Bacary Sagna though…
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin offers revealing comments when asked about Barcelona interest [Cope]May 27th, 2016
- Arsenal officially reveal new shirt numbers for Granit Xhaka & Aaron Ramsey (Videos)May 27th, 2016
- Tottenham star Christian Eriksen admits finishing below Arsenal was “infuriating” [BT]May 27th, 2016
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil is ‘seriously considering’ offers from Bayern & Barcelon...May 27th, 2016
- Future Liverpool defender Joel Matip struggles with a crying Schalke mascot (Official Video)May 9th, 2016
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar’s brother was arrested for throwing stones at Borussia Dortmund fansApril 14th, 2016
- Shinji Kagawa’s sublime chip for Borussia Dortmund in the derby v Schalke (Video)April 10th, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund name seriously weakened side in derby, preparing for Liverpool second legApril 10th, 2016