Arsenal target Schalke full back Atsuto Uchida to replace Bacary Sagna [Express]
Reports last week, via reliable French newspaper L’Equipe, suggested Bacary Sagna has all but left Arsenal for Manchester City.
Sagna is out of contract at the Emirates and appears to have decided to bag the cash at the Etihad rather than stay at Arsenal, despite the urgings of many in north London.
Toulouse defender Serge Aurier has long been linked as Sagna’s replacement but the Sunday Express throw out another name today: Atsuto Uchida.
The 26-year-old from Schalke can play on either flank and has impressed in the Bundesliga since joining from Kashima Antlers.
According to Anthony Chapman: “The Japan international, capable of playing on either side of the backline, is rated as one of the best defenders in the German league, and Arsene Wenger is keen to strike a deal for the versatile 26-year-old as he looks to bolster his squad.”
Chapman goes on to say that Uchida is a better option than the likes of Micah Richards and Juanfran.
We suspect Serge Aurier is still the front runner to replace Bacary Sagna though…
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal & Liverpool stars joined by Paul Pogba & Sergio Aguero in the BBC XI of the weekSeptember 26, 2016
- Eden Hazard & N’Golo Kante deliver frank assessment of Arsenal 3 – Chelsea 0 [SFR Sport]September 25, 2016
- Arsenal receive a worrying Francis Coquelin updateSeptember 25, 2016
- Ex Arsenal man scores Bergkamp esque goal in Eredivisie matchSeptember 25, 2016
- Schalke v Bayern Munich: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-09September 3, 2016
- Tottenham may make a £38 million move for Schalke’s Max Meyer [Bild]August 31, 2016
- There’s a good chance Schalke will sign Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma on loan [Di Marzio]August 28, 2016
- Schalke agree loan deal with Spurs for Nabil Bentaleb [L’Equipe]August 23, 2016