Arsenal target Julian Draxler confirms he is staying at Schalke next season [Bild]
- May 12, 2014
Arsenal’s pursuit of Schalke star Julian Draxler appears to be dead in the water.
Bild, the leading German tabloid, report on Monday that the German attacking midfielder has announced, categorically, that he will be staying at Schalke next season.
Gunners target Draxler has gone on the record to say:
I have absolutely no thoughts of moving. It is guaranteed that there will be speculation, but it’s very, very likely I will play [at Scahlke] next season.
20-year-old Draxler is under contract at Schalke until 2018, however the starlet is well known to have a buy-out clause in his contract of 45 million euros.
Draxler has been selected for Germany’s World Cup squad, whilst the Royal Blues will feature in next season’s Champions LEague after ending the season in third place in the Bundesliga.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]