Arsenal target & Ivory Coast defender Serge Aurier is now officially fastest speedster at the World Cup
- June 23, 2014
One of the big talking points during this World Cup has been the top speed measurements by FIFA.
At the start of the competition it was claimed that Holland’s Arjen Robben had become the fastest player in world football, overtaking Arsenal’s Theo Walcott, when he was apparently recorded sprint at 37km/h.
Those figure was later debunked though, as new data showed that Arjen Robben ‘only’ ran at 31km/h against the Spanish.
Then, several days later, Arjen Robben saw his title as the fastest man at the World Cup also fall by the wayside as Croatia full back Darijo Srna was clocked at running 32.98km/h against Cameroon.
Now, however, the race to the fastest speedster at the World Cup has changed hands once more, as Ivory Coast right-back Serge Aurier, reportedly a target for Arsenal this summer, has been recorded running at 33.52km/h in the 2-1 defeat to Colombia.
See the proof below.
- Germany beat Ivory Coast 10-0 (!) at the Women’s World Cup [Official Highlights]
- Chelsea’s stars sing ‘Who let the Drog out’ during Drogba’s int...
- Yaya Toure: Winning AFCON is unbelievable, something special [video]
- Ivory Coast star Gervinho gets hilarious photoshop treatment after AFCON win [Video]
- Photoshoppers go into overdrive mocking Gervinho’s pose during the Ivory Coast v ...
- Ex-Bayern star Sammy Kuffour had his head shaved on TV after betting on Ghana to beat I...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi