Arsenal target Gonzalo Higuain “70% signed for Juventus” [AS]
- May 29, 2013
Arsenal fans may be imploring Arsene Wenger to bring in Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain this summer, but it looks likely the Argentine will be heading to Serie A champions Juventus.
A report in AS today suggests Gonzalo Higuain is very close to signing for The Old Lady with the player himself keen to sort the move before the end of this week.
Higuain’s agent Ernesto Bronzetti is quoted as saying: “He has a 50-60% or even 70% chance of joining Juventus. He will surely leave because they [Juventus] specifically asked.”
Bronzetti added “Marotta (Juventus sporting director), Paratici (CEO) and Conte (coach) have been in Madrid to speak with Higuain, but are still talking, in early June we expect to resolve this situation.”
The 25-year-old striker expects to move to Juventus for a fee in the region of 25 million euros.
FIFA licensed agent Bronzetti also added that he expects Real Madrid to replace Higuain as they always claim “the very best stars.”
Arsenal fans will hope the imminent signing of Higuain could increase the chances of snatching Stevan Jovetic, who also interests Juventus.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi