Arsenal target Gonzalo Higuain “70% signed for Juventus” [AS]
- May 29, 2013
Arsenal fans may be imploring Arsene Wenger to bring in Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain this summer, but it looks likely the Argentine will be heading to Serie A champions Juventus.
A report in AS today suggests Gonzalo Higuain is very close to signing for The Old Lady with the player himself keen to sort the move before the end of this week.
Higuain’s agent Ernesto Bronzetti is quoted as saying: “He has a 50-60% or even 70% chance of joining Juventus. He will surely leave because they [Juventus] specifically asked.”
Bronzetti added “Marotta (Juventus sporting director), Paratici (CEO) and Conte (coach) have been in Madrid to speak with Higuain, but are still talking, in early June we expect to resolve this situation.”
The 25-year-old striker expects to move to Juventus for a fee in the region of 25 million euros.
FIFA licensed agent Bronzetti also added that he expects Real Madrid to replace Higuain as they always claim “the very best stars.”
Arsenal fans will hope the imminent signing of Higuain could increase the chances of snatching Stevan Jovetic, who also interests Juventus.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...