Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner scores 2 for Denmark v Italy – individual highlights
- October 12, 2013
It came as so much of a surprise to one Danish journalist when Nicklas Bendtner scored his first goal against Italy, that he Tweeted: hahahahahahaah.
But, joking aside, Friday night could well have been a red letter day in the career of Nicklas Bendtner’s career.
Arsenal’s Danish striker had not scored a goal for club (Arsenal or on loan at Juventus) or country since November 2012.
And, having somehow forced (lucked?) his way back into Arsene Wenger’s squad these goals could see him resurrect a career that has been on the wane for some time. Maybe.
Both headers from Michael Krohn-Dehli crosses, Bendtner once again reminded us all that he is a threat in the air.
The fact Bendtner picked up a booking after the second goal means he will miss Denmark’s crucial clash with Malta on Tuesday.
Keeping him fresh for Arsene Wenger to start against Norwich on Saturday, right?!
- Petr Cech insists that a collective effort will bring success to Arsenal [Video]
- Petr Cech explains what Arsenal are missing [video]
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Gunners fans wish Abou Diaby farewell as he is officially released by Arsenal [Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi