Arsenal, Spurs or Newcastle? Sevilla president heads to London to sell Alvaro Negredo
- January 10, 2013
Website “Muchodeporte” are being widely quoted in Spain today with the news that Sevilla president Jose María del Nido has travelled to London, reportedly to sell star striker Alvaro Negredo.
Official Sevilla sources suggest del Nido is in London on a private matter but in truth is believed to be negotiating a 14 million euro move with a Premier League club for Alvaro Negredo.
Spanish newspaper AS pinpoint three clubs that might be interested in Negredo: Arsenal, Newcastle and Tottenham.
Newcastle sold Demba Ba last week and Alan Pardew has been linked with moves for strikers including Marseille’s Loic Remy.
Arsenal meanwhile are supposedly on the market for a target man and goal scorer with Mainz hitman Adam Szalai the latest to be supposedly on the way to join up with Arsene Wenger’s side.
Spurs are also on the lookout for forwards, despite Andre Villas-Boas denying this in a press conference today. The departure of Emmanuel Adebayor to the Africa Cup of Nations means Jermain Defoe is the only striker at White Hart Lane.
Sevilla are reportedly looking to sell, despite Negredo claiming 8 goals in 16 appearances this season, due to financial problems.
The former Real Madrid striker would undoubtedly improve the squads of Arsenal, Spurs or Newcastle and Negredo would likely bang in the goals in the Premier League.
Video evidence of Alvaro Negredo is below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...