Arsenal shouldn’t have even won the corner kick they scored from v Bayern Munich
- February 19, 2013
Arsenal travel to Munich in three weeks time with a precious goal, unfortunately Bayern have three away strikes of their own and it would be a major surprise were the runaway Bundesliga leaders to let this tie slip from their grasp.
Little has been made in the aftermath of Arsenal 1 – Bayern Munich 3 about the Gunners goal but replays suggest referee Svein Moen made a fairly basic mistake for the corner kick that preceded Lukas Podolski’s goal.
In the 54th minute, Cazorla hit a shot from the edge of the area that deflected off Podolski. Referee Moen signalled for a corner, but as the picture shows he had a pretty terrible angle to tell whether it was an Arsenal corner or Bayern Munich free-kick.
This, of course, would not be the first time a Norwegian referee made a rather large error in a big Champions League knockout game in London.
But, in defence of Moen, he could have done with some guidance from his linesman or the fifth official…
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi