Arsenal shouldn’t have even won the corner kick they scored from v Bayern Munich
- February 19, 2013
Arsenal travel to Munich in three weeks time with a precious goal, unfortunately Bayern have three away strikes of their own and it would be a major surprise were the runaway Bundesliga leaders to let this tie slip from their grasp.
Little has been made in the aftermath of Arsenal 1 – Bayern Munich 3 about the Gunners goal but replays suggest referee Svein Moen made a fairly basic mistake for the corner kick that preceded Lukas Podolski’s goal.
In the 54th minute, Cazorla hit a shot from the edge of the area that deflected off Podolski. Referee Moen signalled for a corner, but as the picture shows he had a pretty terrible angle to tell whether it was an Arsenal corner or Bayern Munich free-kick.
This, of course, would not be the first time a Norwegian referee made a rather large error in a big Champions League knockout game in London.
But, in defence of Moen, he could have done with some guidance from his linesman or the fifth official…
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...