Arsenal set to offer new £8m-a-season 3-year-deal to Arsene Wenger [Mail & Mirror]
- October 3, 2013
After a hugely impressive start to the 2013/2014 season, Arsenal will in the coming weeks pull out all the stops to keep Arsene Wenger at the Emirates.
Both the Daily Mail and Daily Mirror report on Thursday morning that Wenger will be offered an 8 million pound-a-season deal to continue with their French manager.
This would result in a £500,000-per-year increase for Wenger and would mean “The Professor” would stretch his stewardship of the Gunners into a 20th year.
Sami Mokbel writes in the Daily Mail: “With the club currently riding on a crest of wave, there is now an urgency to get Wenger round the table for crunch talks – which could happen during the forthcoming international break. Club officials are confident Wenger will extend his stay beyond the end of this season, when his contract expires.”
John Cross adds in the Mirror: “The board are very hopeful Wenger will sign – their biggest fear has been his public insistence that he will wait and see how this season pans out before committing himself. That has alerted big-spending Paris Saint-Germain, who would love Wenger to take over when his current £7.5m-a-year contract expires next summer.”
Below is a GIF of Arsene Wenger celebrating Mesut Ozil’s goal against Napoli.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]