Arsenal set to miss out on Higuain, Napoli agree a €37m deal with Madrid [Tancredi Palmeri]
- July 22, 2013
It’s hard to know if the rumours are true considering one of the sources of the gossip is Italian in-the-know man Tancredi Palmeri, however gossip is swishing around on Tuesday that Napoli have beaten out Arsenal to the signature of Gonzalo Higuain after agreeing a €37 million deal with Real Madrid.
The salient details from the rumours are as follows.
Crucially for Arsenal fans, Napoli are yet to agree personal terms with the player. The reason for this is that Higuain is insisting on retaining his image rights, particularly his two-year Nike deal worth around €1.8m per year.
Napoli would rather assume Higuain’s image rights and pay him an inflated salary of around €116,000-a-week. Should the deal come through, the Argentine could cost to Napoli around €90m in total, including wages, taxes and the transfer fee.
Napoli seem keen to invest the windfall from Edinson Cavani’s €63m move to PSG, and buying Higuain would certainly appease the fans in the San Paolo.
Arsenal fans will be praying Arsene Wenger makes sure Higuain arrives at the Emirates, but for now it seems that the North Londoners are well behind the plate having only offered Real Madrid a reported €27m transfer fee previously.
See Tancredi Palmeri’s Tweets below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...