Arsenal set to hijack Roma’s deal for Dinamo Zagreb’s teenager defender Tin Jedvaj [Sun]
- June 21, 2013
The Sun have dangled another supposed wonderkid teenager in front of Arsenal fans’ faces on Friday, claiming that the Gunners are closing in on 17-year-old centre-back Tin Jedvaj.
Arsene Wenger is lining up a £6million bid for Croatian wonder kid Tin Jedvaj. The Arsenal boss is keen to pounce after Italian giants Roma failed with a £5m bid for the Dinamo Zagreb defender just days ago. Jedvaj, 17, is the most highly-rated player from Croatia since midfielder Luka Modric.
[An aside: Jedvaj is not the Croatia’s best player since Modric. That title is held by 16-year-old playmaker Alen Halilovic, who became the youngest ever Croatian international two weeks ago when he got his debut against Portugal.]
The piece in the Sun appears to have been lifted straight out of Google translate, after Croatian paper Vecernji.hr announced Arsenal’s interest in the defender on Wednesday.
According to that article in Vecernji.hr, Arsenal, along with Juventus and AC Milan are all trying to sign Jedvaj after Roma have failed to land the defender in recent months.
Tin Jedvaj has played 13 times for Dinamo Zagreb after breaking into the first team in 2013. He scored one goal in his maiden professional season, whilst he recorded an impressive nine clean sheets.
Standing 1.88 meters tall, Jedvaj is a right-footed elegant centre-half, who is equally adept at making a tackle on the edge of his box as he is spraying a 50-yard pass across the pitch.
Highlights of Tin Jedvaj in his third ever Dinamo Zagreb match (a 2-1 away win at Hadjuk) can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...