Arsenal set to complete £16m signing of Southampton defender Calum Chambers [BBC]
- July 26, 2014
Arsenal are set to c0mplete the signing of Southampton’s England U-19 defender Calum Chambers, in a £16m deal.
According to the BBC, Chambers completed his Arsenal medical on Friday, and the deal is all set to be completed this weekend.
Like Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain before him, Chambers is the latest Southampton youth product to make a big-money move to the Emirates.
Though he’s a year or two older than The Ox and Walcott (17) were at the time of signing for Arsenal, it’s still surprising that Chambers’ fee should top that of the two attackers.
Southampton really are a fantastic example of the value of having a productive youth academy.
(Via BBC Football)
- Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scores a beauty to make it 1-0 v Chelsea (Offic...
- Michael Owen takes a Twitter pasting during Arsenal v Chelsea [Best Tweets]
- D’oh: Arsenal fan at Wembley seen in Petr Cech hat before final v Chelsea [Picture]
- MLS star Frank Lampard wishes Chelsea good luck on Instagram ahead of final v Arsenal
- Chelsea v Arsenal Community Shield final [Team Sheets]
- Watch the lowlights of Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny on his Roma debut (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi