- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Arsenal set to challenge Roma & Inter for Man City’s Matija Nastasic [SSN]
Is Arsene Wenger close to another astute signing for Arsenal?
Sky Sports have reported on Wednesday evening that Arsenal will challenge Roma and Inter for the signing of Manchester City defender Matija Nastasic.
The 21-year-old was a revelation in his first season at Manchester City but struggled for playing time in 2013/2014, predominantly due to injuries.
This time last year, Matija Nastasic was considered one of the best young defenders in the Premier League and you wonder why Manchester City are willing to sell a player with a great future.
For Arsenal, Nastasic could be a quality back-up to the first choice central defensive pairing of Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker, if Thomas Vermaelen leaves the club this summer.
Roma and Inter though are keen to strengthen this summer and will not see 15 million pounds as out of their price range.
This may well be a ploy to either flush out Arsenal interest in Nastasic, which has been rumoured for a couple of days.
Or, since Manchester City have long been keen on Roma defender Mehdi Benatia.
— Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) July 23, 2014
- Updated: July 23, 2014