Arsenal set to challenge Roma & Inter for Man City’s Matija Nastasic [SSN]
- July 23, 2014
Is Arsene Wenger close to another astute signing for Arsenal?
Sky Sports have reported on Wednesday evening that Arsenal will challenge Roma and Inter for the signing of Manchester City defender Matija Nastasic.
The 21-year-old was a revelation in his first season at Manchester City but struggled for playing time in 2013/2014, predominantly due to injuries.
This time last year, Matija Nastasic was considered one of the best young defenders in the Premier League and you wonder why Manchester City are willing to sell a player with a great future.
For Arsenal, Nastasic could be a quality back-up to the first choice central defensive pairing of Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker, if Thomas Vermaelen leaves the club this summer.
Roma and Inter though are keen to strengthen this summer and will not see 15 million pounds as out of their price range.
This may well be a ploy to either flush out Arsenal interest in Nastasic, which has been rumoured for a couple of days.
Or, since Manchester City have long been keen on Roma defender Mehdi Benatia.
— Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) July 23, 2014
- Arsene Wenger wonders if he talks too much (Video)
- Miami Heat star Luol Deng hopes Arsenal sign Karim Benzema (Video)
- Gary Neville says Arsenal don’t have enough strength, power or pace to win title ...
- Arsenal magician Santi Cazorla packs his Ultimate XI with Spain stars (Video)
- Arsene Wenger confident of making last minute deals (Video)
- Arsene Wenger calls for video technology to solve tight offside calls (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...