- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
Arsenal set to challenge Roma & Inter for Man City’s Matija Nastasic [SSN]
Is Arsene Wenger close to another astute signing for Arsenal?
Sky Sports have reported on Wednesday evening that Arsenal will challenge Roma and Inter for the signing of Manchester City defender Matija Nastasic.
The 21-year-old was a revelation in his first season at Manchester City but struggled for playing time in 2013/2014, predominantly due to injuries.
This time last year, Matija Nastasic was considered one of the best young defenders in the Premier League and you wonder why Manchester City are willing to sell a player with a great future.
For Arsenal, Nastasic could be a quality back-up to the first choice central defensive pairing of Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker, if Thomas Vermaelen leaves the club this summer.
Roma and Inter though are keen to strengthen this summer and will not see 15 million pounds as out of their price range.
This may well be a ploy to either flush out Arsenal interest in Nastasic, which has been rumoured for a couple of days.
Or, since Manchester City have long been keen on Roma defender Mehdi Benatia.
— Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) July 23, 2014
- Updated: July 23, 2014