Arsenal set to challenge Roma & Inter for Man City’s Matija Nastasic [SSN]
- July 23, 2014
Is Arsene Wenger close to another astute signing for Arsenal?
Sky Sports have reported on Wednesday evening that Arsenal will challenge Roma and Inter for the signing of Manchester City defender Matija Nastasic.
The 21-year-old was a revelation in his first season at Manchester City but struggled for playing time in 2013/2014, predominantly due to injuries.
This time last year, Matija Nastasic was considered one of the best young defenders in the Premier League and you wonder why Manchester City are willing to sell a player with a great future.
For Arsenal, Nastasic could be a quality back-up to the first choice central defensive pairing of Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker, if Thomas Vermaelen leaves the club this summer.
Roma and Inter though are keen to strengthen this summer and will not see 15 million pounds as out of their price range.
This may well be a ploy to either flush out Arsenal interest in Nastasic, which has been rumoured for a couple of days.
Or, since Manchester City have long been keen on Roma defender Mehdi Benatia.
— Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) July 23, 2014
- Arsenal’s Mathieu Flamini is talking to Bastia about a move [Eurosport]
- Raheem Sterling tops list of 20 most valuable youngsters ft. Man United & Arsenal ...
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi