Arsenal set to activate €4m buy-back clause for Real Sociedad striker Carlos Vela [Vozpopuli]
- May 14, 2014
A Spanish media outlet that few have heard of, Vozpopuli, are sparking waves on Wednesday reporting that Arsenal are set to activate €4m buy-back clause for Real Sociedad striker Carlos Vela.
The Mexican, who will miss this summer’s World Cup after falling out with El Tri management back in 2010, left the Emirates in summer 2011 for €3m after struggling for opportunities under Arsene Wenger.
Vela, 25, has since prospered in La Liga scoring 44 goals in his past three seasons, and now the Gunners are set to activate a €4m buy-back clause they included as an option in the original sale to Real Sociedad. Vozpopuli say Vela will return to the Gunners this summer.
The Spanish news agency also claim that Vela’s agent has spoken to Arsenal about his client’s return, and all is in order.
Arseblog has commented on the story, saying:
As always Arseblog News suggests the above be taken with a pinch of salt. That the clause in his contract not only exists but is public knowledge means it was only a matter of time before someone decided to run a story about a return to Arsenal. Cheap hits always whet the editor’s appetite…not here though. *cough*
Of course, there are good reasons to buy Vela. He’s a striker – we need one of those – and he’s currently available below market value.
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (...
- ‘It’s not worth celebrating’ Arsenal fans’ bizarre reaction aft...
- Arsenal fans react to claims Riyad Mahrez could move from Leicester (Tweets)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Arsene Wenger post Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: We will turn it round at home (video)
- ITK Arsenal fan reckons Wenger has Edinson Cavani up his sleeve for Deadline Day (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...