Arsenal set to activate €4m buy-back clause for Real Sociedad striker Carlos Vela [Vozpopuli]
- May 14, 2014
A Spanish media outlet that few have heard of, Vozpopuli, are sparking waves on Wednesday reporting that Arsenal are set to activate €4m buy-back clause for Real Sociedad striker Carlos Vela.
The Mexican, who will miss this summer’s World Cup after falling out with El Tri management back in 2010, left the Emirates in summer 2011 for €3m after struggling for opportunities under Arsene Wenger.
Vela, 25, has since prospered in La Liga scoring 44 goals in his past three seasons, and now the Gunners are set to activate a €4m buy-back clause they included as an option in the original sale to Real Sociedad. Vozpopuli say Vela will return to the Gunners this summer.
The Spanish news agency also claim that Vela’s agent has spoken to Arsenal about his client’s return, and all is in order.
Arseblog has commented on the story, saying:
As always Arseblog News suggests the above be taken with a pinch of salt. That the clause in his contract not only exists but is public knowledge means it was only a matter of time before someone decided to run a story about a return to Arsenal. Cheap hits always whet the editor’s appetite…not here though. *cough*
Of course, there are good reasons to buy Vela. He’s a striker – we need one of those – and he’s currently available below market value.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]