- Newcastle’s Alan Pardew tipped to take over at Crystal Palace [Pictures]
- Man City centre-back Matija Nastasic is heading to join Roberto Di Matteo at Schalke [Bild]
- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
Arsenal set to activate €4m buy-back clause for Real Sociedad striker Carlos Vela [Vozpopuli]
A Spanish media outlet that few have heard of, Vozpopuli, are sparking waves on Wednesday reporting that Arsenal are set to activate €4m buy-back clause for Real Sociedad striker Carlos Vela.
The Mexican, who will miss this summer’s World Cup after falling out with El Tri management back in 2010, left the Emirates in summer 2011 for €3m after struggling for opportunities under Arsene Wenger.
Vela, 25, has since prospered in La Liga scoring 44 goals in his past three seasons, and now the Gunners are set to activate a €4m buy-back clause they included as an option in the original sale to Real Sociedad. Vozpopuli say Vela will return to the Gunners this summer.
The Spanish news agency also claim that Vela’s agent has spoken to Arsenal about his client’s return, and all is in order.
Arseblog has commented on the story, saying:
As always Arseblog News suggests the above be taken with a pinch of salt. That the clause in his contract not only exists but is public knowledge means it was only a matter of time before someone decided to run a story about a return to Arsenal. Cheap hits always whet the editor’s appetite…not here though. *cough*
Of course, there are good reasons to buy Vela. He’s a striker – we need one of those – and he’s currently available below market value.
- Updated: May 14, 2014