Arsenal sent chief scout Steve Rowley to watch Freiburg centre-back & Man United target Matthias Ginter [Mirror]
Rumours that Arsenal are closing in on Freiburg centre-back Matthias Ginter have once again been tabled on Monday by the Mirror.
Several weeks ago it was reported that Manchester United manager David Moyes had personally flown to Germany to get a close-up view of 20-year-old Ginter in Freiburg’s match against Hertha Berlin.
Ginter, who was recently called up for his first German cap, is said to be out his way out of Freiburg at the end of the season having outgrown his current surroundings.
According to Alan Nixon in the Mirror on Monday, Arsenal have now staked their public interest in the 6ft 2in defender. The tabloid claims:
Gunners sent chief scout Steve Rowley to watch the young centre-back play this weekend as they gear up to make a move in the summer.
Wenger sees Ginter as a long-term legend at the Emirates although he might have to settle for a place on the bench initially if he joins.
With Thomas Vermaelen likely to leave at the end of a frustrating campaign, Wenger needs a new commanding defender – and Ginter fits the bill.
Video evidence of Freiburg’s Matthias Ginter is below, together with an old report from The Sun from June 2013 which claimed Arsenal had then agreed a deal for the German defender.
Watch Live Stream
- Lucas Perez gives ITK update on Mesut Özil’s Arsenal contract situation to Onda Cero (Audio)October 21, 2016
- Mike Dean V Arsenal – How The Gunners really fare?October 21, 2016
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger discusses Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil’s contracts (Video)October 21, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere (Bournemouth) tops table for Premier League passing accuracyOctober 21, 2016
- Raphael Guerreiro finishes off brilliant one-touch Dortmund move (Video)September 23, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund v SC Freiburg: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-23September 17, 2016
- Freiburg fans produce Big Lebowski inspired tifo on opening day of the season [Pictures]July 28, 2015
- Freiburg’s Pavel Krmas gets his club relegated with bizarre own goal [Video]May 25, 2015
- Tim Sherwood thinks Manchester City could buy Michael Carrick in January (Video)October 22, 2016
- Jose Mourinho told Howard Webb that ‘The Man’ was going to fire him back in 2007 (Video)October 21, 2016
- Just one Manchester United player makes it into the Europa League Team of the Week [Graphic]October 21, 2016
- Manchester United have a horrific record away at Chelsea since 2002 [Graphic]October 21, 2016