Arsenal sent chief scout Steve Rowley to watch Freiburg centre-back & Man United target Matthias Ginter [Mirror]
- March 17, 2014
Rumours that Arsenal are closing in on Freiburg centre-back Matthias Ginter have once again been tabled on Monday by the Mirror.
Several weeks ago it was reported that Manchester United manager David Moyes had personally flown to Germany to get a close-up view of 20-year-old Ginter in Freiburg’s match against Hertha Berlin.
Ginter, who was recently called up for his first German cap, is said to be out his way out of Freiburg at the end of the season having outgrown his current surroundings.
According to Alan Nixon in the Mirror on Monday, Arsenal have now staked their public interest in the 6ft 2in defender. The tabloid claims:
Gunners sent chief scout Steve Rowley to watch the young centre-back play this weekend as they gear up to make a move in the summer.
Wenger sees Ginter as a long-term legend at the Emirates although he might have to settle for a place on the bench initially if he joins.
With Thomas Vermaelen likely to leave at the end of a frustrating campaign, Wenger needs a new commanding defender – and Ginter fits the bill.
Video evidence of Freiburg’s Matthias Ginter is below, together with an old report from The Sun from June 2013 which claimed Arsenal had then agreed a deal for the German defender.
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem got stamped on for Rangers on Sunday (Video)
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes spectacular 92nd minute save in 2-1 win v Juvent...
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (...
- ‘It’s not worth celebrating’ Arsenal fans’ bizarre reaction aft...
- Arsenal fans react to claims Riyad Mahrez could move from Leicester (Tweets)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...