Arsenal sent chief scout Steve Rowley to watch Freiburg centre-back & Man United target Matthias Ginter [Mirror]
- March 17, 2014
Rumours that Arsenal are closing in on Freiburg centre-back Matthias Ginter have once again been tabled on Monday by the Mirror.
Several weeks ago it was reported that Manchester United manager David Moyes had personally flown to Germany to get a close-up view of 20-year-old Ginter in Freiburg’s match against Hertha Berlin.
Ginter, who was recently called up for his first German cap, is said to be out his way out of Freiburg at the end of the season having outgrown his current surroundings.
According to Alan Nixon in the Mirror on Monday, Arsenal have now staked their public interest in the 6ft 2in defender. The tabloid claims:
Gunners sent chief scout Steve Rowley to watch the young centre-back play this weekend as they gear up to make a move in the summer.
Wenger sees Ginter as a long-term legend at the Emirates although he might have to settle for a place on the bench initially if he joins.
With Thomas Vermaelen likely to leave at the end of a frustrating campaign, Wenger needs a new commanding defender – and Ginter fits the bill.
Video evidence of Freiburg’s Matthias Ginter is below, together with an old report from The Sun from June 2013 which claimed Arsenal had then agreed a deal for the German defender.
- Unreal skills: Laurent Koscielny scores a glorious rabona in Arsenal training (Official...
- Man United’s Daley Blind admits he rejected “incredible” Arsenal offe...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Arsene Wenger smashes the Arsenal crossbar challenge with first attempt (Video)
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby signs for Marseille (BBC)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi