Arsenal sent chief scout Steve Rowley to watch Freiburg centre-back & Man United target Matthias Ginter [Mirror]
- March 17, 2014
Rumours that Arsenal are closing in on Freiburg centre-back Matthias Ginter have once again been tabled on Monday by the Mirror.
Several weeks ago it was reported that Manchester United manager David Moyes had personally flown to Germany to get a close-up view of 20-year-old Ginter in Freiburg’s match against Hertha Berlin.
Ginter, who was recently called up for his first German cap, is said to be out his way out of Freiburg at the end of the season having outgrown his current surroundings.
According to Alan Nixon in the Mirror on Monday, Arsenal have now staked their public interest in the 6ft 2in defender. The tabloid claims:
Gunners sent chief scout Steve Rowley to watch the young centre-back play this weekend as they gear up to make a move in the summer.
Wenger sees Ginter as a long-term legend at the Emirates although he might have to settle for a place on the bench initially if he joins.
With Thomas Vermaelen likely to leave at the end of a frustrating campaign, Wenger needs a new commanding defender – and Ginter fits the bill.
Video evidence of Freiburg’s Matthias Ginter is below, together with an old report from The Sun from June 2013 which claimed Arsenal had then agreed a deal for the German defender.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...