Arsenal sent chief scout Steve Rowley to watch Freiburg centre-back & Man United target Matthias Ginter [Mirror]
Rumours that Arsenal are closing in on Freiburg centre-back Matthias Ginter have once again been tabled on Monday by the Mirror.
Several weeks ago it was reported that Manchester United manager David Moyes had personally flown to Germany to get a close-up view of 20-year-old Ginter in Freiburg’s match against Hertha Berlin.
Ginter, who was recently called up for his first German cap, is said to be out his way out of Freiburg at the end of the season having outgrown his current surroundings.
According to Alan Nixon in the Mirror on Monday, Arsenal have now staked their public interest in the 6ft 2in defender. The tabloid claims:
Gunners sent chief scout Steve Rowley to watch the young centre-back play this weekend as they gear up to make a move in the summer.
Wenger sees Ginter as a long-term legend at the Emirates although he might have to settle for a place on the bench initially if he joins.
With Thomas Vermaelen likely to leave at the end of a frustrating campaign, Wenger needs a new commanding defender – and Ginter fits the bill.
Video evidence of Freiburg’s Matthias Ginter is below, together with an old report from The Sun from June 2013 which claimed Arsenal had then agreed a deal for the German defender.
Watch Live Stream
- Pots revealed for next season’s CL group stage draw ft. Arsenal & Spurs in lower potsMay 29th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante happy at Leicester ‘for now’, Arsenal continue to be linked [LR...May 28th, 2016
- Arsenal or Man United? Gabon coach confirms Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang exitMay 28th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin offers revealing comments when asked about Barcelona interest [Cope]May 27th, 2016
- Freiburg fans produce Big Lebowski inspired tifo on opening day of the season [Pictures]July 28th, 2015
- Freiburg’s Pavel Krmas gets his club relegated with bizarre own goal [Video]May 25th, 2015
- Franco Di Santo uploads his Werder Bremen Golazo v Freiburg to InstagramMarch 7th, 2015
- Reus and Aubameyang help Dortmund swagger back to winning ways versus Freiburg [Highlights]February 9th, 2015
- Amazing footage of Man United legend Rio Ferdinand watching Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty (Vi...May 29th, 2016
- Man United’s Morgan Schneiderlin posts positive message after leaving France Euro 2016 squadMay 29th, 2016
- Marcus Rashford signs new Manchester United contract [Telegraph]May 29th, 2016
- Radja Nainggolan rejects Chelsea, open to Man United move [GDS]May 29th, 2016