Arsenal renew talks with Alvaro Morata about £8m summer move from Real Madrid [Mirror]
- April 5, 2014
Arsenal’s striking issues have been well documented this season, with an over-relied upon Olivier Giroud running out steam, and Niklas Bendtner a lost cause, tripping somewhere around central Europe in a hat.
With that in mind, Arsene Wenger is stepping up his search for a new recruit this summer, and has held fresh talks with Real Madrid over a summer move for Alvaro Morata, according to the Mirror.
The Mirror claim that a deal is very much in the offing at around the £8 million mark, though only if Arsenal are willing to agree to a buy-back clause.
The Spain U-21 striker’s star has fallen at Madrid this season, the emergence of Jese and the arrival of Bale leaving him relegated to the fringes, and the striker is aware he now needs to move to start playing for the foreseeable future.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]