- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
Arsenal refuse to pay Sami Khedira £150k-a-week, further discussions expected [Cadena Ser]
From Spain, comes another update on Arsenal’s interest in Sami Khedira…
Radio station Cadena Ser, a pretty reliable source when it comes to transfers, reports on Thursday that Sami Khedira’s wage demands have scuppered any move to Arsenal.
This has been suspected for some time but Cadena Ser pin down the numbers, suggesting that Khedira is looking to leave Real Madrid but asked Arsenal for £150,000-a-week.
There have been talks and Khedira is keen to join up with German compatriots Mesut Ozil, Per Mertesacker and Lukas Podolski but the wage demands have for now scuppered the deal.
Arsenal, according to Cadena Ser, refused to pay these wages which would have made Khedira one of the highest earners at the club, alongside Ozil and Alexis Sanchez.
Cadena Ser add that more discussions are expected in the coming days and if Khedira can lower his demands, a deal seems possible.
There is absolutely no mention of Chelsea’s interest, which has been played up in England, for Sami Khedira.
- Updated: July 17, 2014