Arsenal refuse to pay Sami Khedira £150k-a-week, further discussions expected [Cadena Ser]
- July 17, 2014
From Spain, comes another update on Arsenal’s interest in Sami Khedira…
Radio station Cadena Ser, a pretty reliable source when it comes to transfers, reports on Thursday that Sami Khedira’s wage demands have scuppered any move to Arsenal.
This has been suspected for some time but Cadena Ser pin down the numbers, suggesting that Khedira is looking to leave Real Madrid but asked Arsenal for £150,000-a-week.
There have been talks and Khedira is keen to join up with German compatriots Mesut Ozil, Per Mertesacker and Lukas Podolski but the wage demands have for now scuppered the deal.
Arsenal, according to Cadena Ser, refused to pay these wages which would have made Khedira one of the highest earners at the club, alongside Ozil and Alexis Sanchez.
Cadena Ser add that more discussions are expected in the coming days and if Khedira can lower his demands, a deal seems possible.
There is absolutely no mention of Chelsea’s interest, which has been played up in England, for Sami Khedira.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]