- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Arsenal ready to spend €40m on Porto’s Jackson Martinez after moves for Real’s Morata flounder [A Bola]
- January 9, 2014
Arsenal are closing in on FC Porto’s Colombian international striker Jackson Martinez according to Thursday’s edition of A Bola in Portugal.
A Bola have a picture of Jackson on the front page of their paper with the headline “Jackson na mira do Arsenal” (“Jackson is in the sights of Arsenal”).
Inside the paper, a joint effort from journalists Paulo Pinto and Nuno Vieira report that days after Jackson Martinez announced that he was a Gunners fan as a kid, Arsene Wenger has stepped up efforts to sign the South American hitman either in this winter transfer window or in June.
Wenger’s hand has been forced by Theo Walcott’s season-ending injury against Tottenham, and while the Gunners are said to have been interested in getting Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, A Bola report that “the Spanish side seem unwilling to release the player”.
With that avenue shut down, Arsenal are reported to be conducting due diligence over FC Porto’s Colombian international, and rumours are that the Gunners are ready to meet the player’s release clause of €40m.
27-year-old Jackson Martinez has scored 38 goals in 44 games for the Dragons.