Arsenal ready to spend €40m on Porto’s Jackson Martinez after moves for Real’s Morata flounder [A Bola]
Arsenal are closing in on FC Porto’s Colombian international striker Jackson Martinez according to Thursday’s edition of A Bola in Portugal.
A Bola have a picture of Jackson on the front page of their paper with the headline “Jackson na mira do Arsenal” (“Jackson is in the sights of Arsenal”).
Inside the paper, a joint effort from journalists Paulo Pinto and Nuno Vieira report that days after Jackson Martinez announced that he was a Gunners fan as a kid, Arsene Wenger has stepped up efforts to sign the South American hitman either in this winter transfer window or in June.
Wenger’s hand has been forced by Theo Walcott’s season-ending injury against Tottenham, and while the Gunners are said to have been interested in getting Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, A Bola report that “the Spanish side seem unwilling to release the player”.
With that avenue shut down, Arsenal are reported to be conducting due diligence over FC Porto’s Colombian international, and rumours are that the Gunners are ready to meet the player’s release clause of €40m.
27-year-old Jackson Martinez has scored 38 goals in 44 games for the Dragons.
Watch Live Stream
- The Guardian say Arsenal Fan TV pay their star personalities to attend games (Audio)August 30, 2016
- Arsenal old-boy Tomas Rosicky set to return to his boyhood club [Sport]August 30, 2016
- Arsenal Fan TV on reports Jack Wilshere leaving the Gunners on loan (Video)August 30, 2016
- Arsenal fans react to news Serge Gnabry may join Bayern Munich [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Sporting CP post highlights clip of Arsenal’s Joel Campbell debut cameo in 2-1 win (Video)August 29, 2016
- Leicester bound Islam Slimani was in tears after his final Sporting CP game (Video)August 29, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes horrendous howler in 3-0 Roma UCL defeat (Video)August 23, 2016
- Everton overtake Arsenal in the race for an Algerian winger [Record]August 22, 2016