Arsenal preparing January loan move for Juventus striker Fernando Llorente [Daily Mail]
- October 11, 2013
The Daily Mail claim today that Arsenal are preparing a January loan move for Juventus striker Fernando Llorente.
The Spanish striker has struggled for playing time with the Old Lady since arriving on a free transfer from Athletic Bilbao last summer.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is known to be eager to bring in a striker to supplement Olivier Giroud and Llorente’s physical attributes means he should be able to adapt to Premier League football pretty quickly.
Sam Mokbel writes in the Mail: “The Gunners are closely monitoring the Spain striker’s situation in Turin ahead of a swoop at the start of next year.”
Mokbel adds: “Arsenal scouts have watched Llorente extensively in recent seasons and Wenger is a fan of the centre forward.”
Llorente has played just 161 minutes of football this season for Juventus, scoring one goal.
Juventus coach Antonio Conte has trusted in the likes of Carlos Tevez, Fabio Quagliarella and Sebastian Giovinco before utilising the Spanish striker who is keen for playing time to secure a spot in Vicente Del Bosque’s World Cup squad.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]