- Liverpool loanee Luis Alberto scored 27 seconds after coming on for Malaga v Elche [Video]
- Nuts! Bayern’s Manuel Neuer let in only his 4th goal in 17 league games v Mainz [Official Video]
- Athletic Bilbao 1 – Atletico Madrid 4: Antoine Griezmann hits a hat-trick [Highlights]
- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
Arsenal preparing January loan move for Juventus striker Fernando Llorente [Daily Mail]
The Daily Mail claim today that Arsenal are preparing a January loan move for Juventus striker Fernando Llorente.
The Spanish striker has struggled for playing time with the Old Lady since arriving on a free transfer from Athletic Bilbao last summer.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is known to be eager to bring in a striker to supplement Olivier Giroud and Llorente’s physical attributes means he should be able to adapt to Premier League football pretty quickly.
Sam Mokbel writes in the Mail: “The Gunners are closely monitoring the Spain striker’s situation in Turin ahead of a swoop at the start of next year.”
Mokbel adds: “Arsenal scouts have watched Llorente extensively in recent seasons and Wenger is a fan of the centre forward.”
Llorente has played just 161 minutes of football this season for Juventus, scoring one goal.
Juventus coach Antonio Conte has trusted in the likes of Carlos Tevez, Fabio Quagliarella and Sebastian Giovinco before utilising the Spanish striker who is keen for playing time to secure a spot in Vicente Del Bosque’s World Cup squad.
- Updated: October 11, 2013